The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) gives civil rights protections to individuals with disabilities that are like those provided to individuals on the basis of race, sex, national origin, and religion. It guarantees equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities in employment, public accommodations, transportation, State and local government services, and telecommunications. Learn more about protecting students with disabilities.
Below are resources that will help you get started with making your documents accessible to all students.
- Captioning Services and Options
- Learning Technologies Used at TWU
- Microsoft - Create Accessible PDFs
- Microsoft - Creating Accessible Word Documents
- Penn State University - Accessibility & Usability
- The National Center on Disability and Access to Education (NCDAE) Cheatsheets
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Overview
Universal Design for Learning (UDL) is a framework to improve and optimize teaching and learning for all students based on scientific insights into how humans learn.
Page last updated 3:24 PM, April 12, 2019