Auditions for Hot n' Cole: A Cole Porter Celebration
The show is a review of Cole Porter’s music. Tunes like “It’s De-Lovely,” “Miss Otis Regrets,” “Anything Goes,” and “Too Darn Hot” are featured.
Looking for between 8 and 12 actor/singers.
All auditions will be virtual. Instructions will tell you how to upload your materials to a shared Google drive.
- Please use your TWU email and log in credentials for uploading
- Please prepare a 30 to 60 second monologue (comic & contemporary is preferred)
- Also prepare 32 bars of music in the style of Cole Porter (it can be by Porter or a “standard” from the 1920’s through the 1950’s). You will have to provide your own accompaniment
- Upload a resume, an audition form with conflicts and a headshot
- Please slate prior to starting your audition
Auditions should be uploaded by February 4th. Auditions will be reviewed starting on the 5th.
If call backs are necessary they will be on February 9th from 6 to 9 via an online streaming service. We hope to be fully cast by the February 11th.
Rehearsals will begin February 15th. Most rehearsals will take place in the evening, online. Some may occur during the day depending on need, schedules and conflicts. Anticipate rehearsing between three to six times per week online until spring break.
Face-to-face rehearsals will begin after spring break. Most of these rehearsals will be in the evening.
The show will be done on the steps of the Music Building facing out over Pioneer Circle. Tech rehearsals will begin on April 2. Tech will be 4/3, 4/5, 4/6 and 4/7. The covid-19 safety protocols developed by Actor’s Equity will be employed for rehearsals and will be strictly followed.
The show will run 4/8, 4/9, 4/10 and 4/11. Performances will be at 8pm with a 7pm actor call. Times and dates are subject to change depending on the
state of the pandemic and university protocols.
Page last updated 6:11 PM, January 28, 2021