Career Advising and Exploration
Meet with your Career Consultant to get help with:
- Evaluating your values, interests, personality, and skills
- Decision-making related to choosing or changing a major or career path
- Answering the question “What can I do with this major?”
- Exploring career options
During an appointment, you and your Career Consultant may agree that a career assessment may be beneficial. The Career Connections Center currently uses the following assessments, which are free to all current TWU students and alumni:
- Self-Directed Search (SDS) – a self-scored interest inventory which produces a 3-letter summary code – your Holland code. The results are interpreted with your consultant and can be connected to further occupational research when determining your major or career fit.
- FOCUS 2 – a computerized system assessing your values, interests, personality, and skills.
- Additional assessments as appropriate – Card sorts, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).