Student Union at Hubbard Hall Advertising Guidelines
The following guidelines apply to marketing within the Student Union building:
- Advertising events and activities related to recognized student organizations, departments, or administrative units may be displayed in the Student Union.
- All advertising material must display the name and contact information of the sponsoring organization or department.
- All messages displayed should reflect the mission and values of the University. Advertisements promoting alcohol, tobacco, firearms, adult businesses, or other material incongruent with University values or policies are prohibited. Additionally, advertising material that is discriminatory, hateful, threatening or have inappropriate and/or derogatory information, referring to any person or group, will be immediately removed. The Student Union reserves the right to remove all advertisements that are not in compliance with this policy.
- All advertising materials are discarded after the date of the event listed on the materials. All materials without a date specified will be removed the first day of each month. If you prefer your materials are not discarded, you may remove them prior to the first day of the month and repost them after the boards are cleared.
- The Student Union is not responsible for content errors and/or false information.
Flyers and Posters
Posters/flyers are only allowed to be posted in the manner described below. Any posters/flyers hung outside of the approved manners will be removed and the department or organization may forfeit their posting privileges and be held responsible for any damage incurred upon removal.
Indoor Bulletin Board
- Located on the first floor near the west entrance, outside of the SGA Chambers
- Only push pins, thumb tacks, and staples may be used. All other methods of affixing posters/flyers (i.e., tape, putty, etc.) are strictly prohibited. Postings improperly affixed are subject to removal.
- All other bulletin boards are designated for individual department use. Any non-related material will be immediately removed.
- Organizations and departments may request for graphics to be added to the free-standing digital signage displays which are located throughout the building.
- An online request must be made through Student Life Design Services.
- Graphics will be displayed for up to 2 weeks.
- Mounted digital displays are managed by the Student Union and are limited to content either sponsored by or taking place within the Student Union. Contact the Student Union for requests.
- A table tent is defined as a self-standing promotional material, usually made from folded paper. Table tents may be three, or four-sided, no loose paper is allowed.
- Table tents may be placed on table-top surfaces in designated areas within the Student Union. Table tent placement is limited to the first floor corridors, game room, commuter and veteran’s lounges, quiet lounge, and Bunsen Tea Lab.
- A maximum of 15 table tents may be placed for each event and a maximum of 2 table tents may reside on each table surface (on a first come, first serve basis).
- Table tents may not be affixed to the table in any form. Table tents that are affixed are subject to removal by the Student Union.
- Table tents may only be displayed for up to 30 days.
A-Frames/Sandwich Boards/Free Standing Signs
- Easels/E-clips/Small indoor sign holders — An easel may be requested for designated locations to promote events taking place in the Student Union on the day(s) of the event only for a fee. Student Union easels will not be permitted to leave the building.
- The Student Union does not have sandwich boards for reserved general use. For those departments that choose to use their own sandwich boards, the following procedures should be followed:
- A-frames are not permitted indoors.
- A-frames may be used on the Hubbard Lawn or the Pioneer Plaza for promotion for up to 5 days. A maximum of 2 sign holders may be displayed at once in each location.
- It is the group’s responsibility to remove any signage after the event takes place.
- Ground stake signs may be used, but could be removed to accommodate an event.
- Sidewalk chalk must be limited to main concrete sidewalk areas exposed to the weather.
- Chalk may not be used on the plaza, patio, steps, or brick surfaces
- Chalk used must be regular, water-soluble, and easily removed by rain. Spray chalk, marking chalk, spray paint, wax chalk, and/or other permanent, semi-permanent, or “short-term” marking materials are prohibited. Oil-based, aerosol, marker, wax, and paint products are prohibited.
- Refer to TWU Chalking Protocols for additional information.
- Student Organizations may reserve space to hang handmade paper banners on the first floor of the Student Union in the north corridor outside of the SGA Chambers.
- A maximum of 6 banners may be displayed at one time.
- Banners must be designed on 6x3 ft. paper in a portrait format.
- Each banner must be approved and hung by the Center for Student Development.
Outdoor Vinyl banners
- Banners can be hung on the second floor of Brackenridge Hall. Requests for banners may be submitted through EMS.
Vendor table spaces are available to reserve is designated locations throughout the building. Please view the Vendor Tables reservation information within the Student Union policy guide for more information.
Other Marketing Ideas
All other methods of advertising not listed within this policy must be reviewed and approved by the Student Union office, including: floor decals, window clings/stickers, standing displays, etc.
All groups MUST check with the Student Union Office for approval.
Page last updated 7:26 AM, March 24, 2020