The TWU Bookstore is located on the first floor of the TWU Student Union. Hours of operation are Monday – Thursday, 8 am-5 pm and Fridays 8 am-3 pm. Access to the bookstore is located in the underground.
The Cyber Lounge on the first floor hosts 10 flat screen computers and is a quick "check-your-email" kind of place.
The newly-renovated Underground also offers 8 computer work stations.
A copy machine is located on the first floor adjacent to the Center for Student Development. Copies are $.10 each. Students must have money placed on their TWU ID card to swipe at the machine. A machine is also located next to the copy machine for students to place money on their ID cards if needed.
Diaper Changing/Nursing Stations
Diaper Changing facilities are located in the women’s restroom on the second floor and in the men’s restroom on the first floor.
A breastfeeding (lactation) room is available in SU 103 for nursing mothers. Please visit the Student Union office (SU 209) to obtain a numerical code for entry.
There are three dining options located in the TWU Union:
- Underground Cafeteria – Full service cafeteria with salad bar and all you can eat options
- Garden Room – Pasta bar, grill, pizza, sushi, Mexican and more
- Chick-Fil-A - Grilled chicken sandwiches and chicken nuggets, waffle fries, fresh squeezed lemonade
The TWU game room is located in the Underground and is open during the Union building hours. Games offered are billiards, air hockey, foosball, and video games. Free equipment may be checked out for usage with a valid TWU ID during the Student Union office hours by visiting SU 209. In addition, numerous board and card games are available for check out.
- Monday – Thursday: 7 am-7 pm
- Friday: 7 am-5 pm
- Saturday: 9 am-2 pm
- Sunday: Closed
Lockers are available on the first floor for student rental. They may be reserved for a semester or year on a first-come, first-served basis.
Student: $10 per semester or $15 per year w/a $5 deposit
Faculty/Staff: $20 per semester or $30 per year w/a $10 deposit
To reserve a locker, please visit SU 209.
US Postal Mailboxes are located on the first floor of the TWU Union. Students can rent their own PO Box for $102 a year or $51 for 6 months and a $1 non-refundable deposit for a key. Packages received on campus must fit with the dimensions of the TWU postal lockers located across from SU 113. The dimensions of these lockers are 16.5” (h) x 12” (w) x 22” (d). Packages that exceed the dimensions above must be picked up at the US Post Office at 101 E. McKinney Street (see directions below).
Mailbox access is available during the Student Union's regular building hours.
Student Union Post Office attendant hours are from 8am to 10am in the morning, Monday to Friday.
Register for a P.O. Box at TWU
Direct link to Post Office Sign Up.
Input the following address:
1 TWU STUDENT BUILDING
Denton, TX 76204
Mailing to Residence Halls, Apartments, and TWU Select Housing directly
Students can mail packages via UPS and FedEx only to each of the residence halls. The address for each hall is as follows:
- Jones Hall: 604 Administration Drive, Denton, TX 76204
- Stark Hall: 1719 Bell Avenue, Denton, TX 76204
- Guinn Hall: 420 East University Drive, Denton TX 76204
- Lowry Woods Community: 1600 Oakland Avenue, Denton, TX 76204
- TWU Select and Grove Street residents may have their packages sent to Jones Hall.
The following mailing items are available at the TWU Bookstore
- Envelopes (padded & plain)
- Packaging Tape
Main US Post Office Contact Info
US Post Office
101 E MCKINNEY ST
DENTON, TX 76201-4255
Directions to the Main US Post Office
- From Lowry Woods: From the corner of Locust and University, walk west toward Elm Street behind the Walgreens. Get on Connect Bus Route 6 in front of the Shell Gas station behind Walgreens. Ride Route 6 and get off at the corner of Locust and Oak. Walk 1 block north on Locust to McKinney.
- From Guinn/Stark Hall: From Bell get on Connect Bus Route 4 or Route 5 from the bus stop located in front of Stark Hall. Get off at the bus stop located at the Denton Civic Center before the corner of Bell and McKinney. Walk west on McKinney to the post office at the corner of Locust and McKinney.
- From Jones Hall: From Bell get on Connect Route 4 or Route 5 from the bus stop located in front of Stoddard Hall next to the Student Union. Get off at the bus stop located at the Denton Civic Center before the corner of Bell and McKinney. Walk west on McKinney to the post office at the corner of Locust and McKinney.
- Minerva’s Option (walking): From Administration drive, head west to Oakland. Walk south down Oakland past the Emily Fowler Library. The Post Office will be on your left directly behind Emily Fowler Library on Locust and McKinney.
Wireless Internet Service
The Student Union offers wireless internet access. Information regarding logging on may be acquired in the Student Union Office, room 209.