Services for Sexual Assault Victims
Victims of sexual assault are encouraged to seek counseling and support. TWU students may receive free counseling from CAPS. CAPS has staff at every campus. CAPS can provide immediate services through their crisis counseling services and through their regular counseling services.
During normal office hours
- TWU Denton CAPS, West Jones Hall, 940-898-3801
- TWU T. Boone Pickens Institute of Health Sciences-Dallas Center CAPS, Suite 8300, 214-689-6655
- TWU Institute of Health Sciences-Houston Center CAPS, Suite 2250, 713-794-2059
After hours, the on-call therapist can be reached by calling the TWU Department of Public Safety on the Denton campus and ask to speak with the therapist on call.
- TWU Denton Campus DPS 940-898-2911
You may wish to receive services directly from a local sexual assault care center. Each of the phone numbers listed below is a 24-hour crisis/service line.
- Denton County - Friends of the Family (800) 572-4031
- Dallas County - Rape Crisis Center (214) 590-0430
- Tarrant County - Women’s Center (817) 927-2737
- Harris County - Women’s Center (713) 468-5463
- Cooke County - Friends of the Family (940) 665-2873
More information about community services, rights, and legal issues can be found at these sites:
- Texas Attorney General’s Office of Sexual Assault Prevention and Crisis Services (800) 983-9933
- Texas Association Against Sexual Assault (512) 474-7190
- TWU Department of Public Safety
Page last updated 12:04 PM, March 18, 2019