Summer and Fall 2020 Orientations
Orientation Registration for Summer and Fall 2020
Orientation is structured specifically for individuals who have been accepted not only into TWU, but also into a specific academic program at the Houston site and will be starting classes in this stated semester.
If this applies to you, please accept our invitation to register for orientation using this online form. More information about the various Orientations offered are noted below for your perusal. Questions can be directed to Deborah Unruh with the Office of Student Life at 713-794-2157.
Orientation Opportunities for Summer and Fall 2020
- Orientation for International Students
Wednesday, August 19th, 2020; 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Please NOTE: International Students will be expected to attend both this mandatory Orientation plus one of the other general Orientations offered Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- General Graduate Student Orientation for MOT, OTD, DPT as well as PhD Nursing and DNP Students, as well as Master of Science in Nutrition Thursday, August 20th, 2020; 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Please NOTE: Doctoral Nursing Orientation will conclude at 1:00 p.m.
- General Orientation for Undergraduate Nursing Students
Friday, August 21st, 2020; 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Orientation for Evening and Weekend Students (MBA, MHA, LIS, MS in Nursing including NP programs)
Saturday, May 30th, 2020 (Summer admits) and Saturday, August 22nd, 2020; 8:00 a.m. – 1:45 p.m.
Tasks to consider before the initial day of classes include:
- pay tuition and class fees by 6:00 p.m. the Friday before that respective semester begins,
- register for classes on-line by 5:00 p.m. the Friday before that respective semester begins,
- speak one-on-one with staff in the Registrar’s Office (1st floor, Enrollment Services),
- inquire more about Financial Aid (1st floor, Enrollment Services),
- follow up with your academic advisor,
- obtain a TWU ID Badge (through Student Life, accomplished during Orientation)
- secure a locker (through Student Life),
- upload remaining immunization records to http://patient-twu.medicatconnect.com/
- review student health insurance possibilities (TWU has a relationship with Academic HealthPlans),
- purchase textbooks (many options online or at Follett UTSHC Nursing Bookstore),
- make arrangements for a parking contract &/or public transportation,
- explore METRO offerings (Q Card at half off traditional fare for enrolled students, Light Rail, Bus, Community Connector, STAR Vanpool and Carpool, Park & Ride),
- get familiar with the Texas Medical Center (optional tours of the TMC are given during Orientation and in the first few weeks of classes),
- sign up to receive notifications from Pioneer Alert, a system that can deliver emergency messages from our University Department of Public Safety (DPS) to campus personnel via text, email, phone (or campus computer for faculty/staff).
Page last updated 4:52 PM, January 28, 2020