Spring 2022 Orientation
Orientation Opportunities for Spring 2022
- Orientation for International Students
Wednesday, January 12th 2022; 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon.
International Students will be expected to attend both this mandatory orientation plus the general orientation (also offered through an online format).
- Orientation for Undergraduate Nursing Students
Friday, January 14th 2022; 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. [LUNCH will be provided.]
Students can plan on spending the day with us for this Friday Orientation. The morning will focus on services and resources offered at that the TWU Houston site. The afternoon will be dedicated to the College of Nursing specifics that need to be addressed prior to beginning classes.
- Orientation for Graduate Students in Health Care Administration, Business Administration and other Master/Doctoral Programs
Saturday, January 15th, 2022; 8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. [LUNCH will be provided.]
Students will have the opportunity to hear from various departments on campus and learn more about the TWU Houston site. Additionally, there will be an academic specific session for Health Care Administration majors. With this smaller group, ID Badges for these newcomers will be made during the Orientation.
NOTE: An email will be sent to all newcomers in December with Parking & Transportation information (including details about the METRO QCard and a parking contract for those with a vehicle), locker rental information, as well as getting an ID badge made. An additional email will be distributed in January noting the offerings of all the departments at the Houston site within a Google Classroom setting that students can access as appropriate online.
ID BADGES: As we approach Spring 2022 with distancing still in mind, a schedule will be sent to each newcomer noting days that ID Badges can be made here in the Student Life Office. For Spring 2022, the schedule will allow for three people every 15 minutes. For Undergraduate Nursing Students, the time periods for ID Badge-making will be Wednesday afternoon, 01/12/2022 1:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.; then again all day Thursday, 01/13/2022 from 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. For Health Care Administration, Business Administration and other graduate students beginning this Spring 2022 Semester, ID Badges will be made during that Saturday Orientation, 01/15/2022. While you are on campus, you may want to attend to secure a METRO QCard and/or other parking options. More information about parking and transportation will be shared a bit later in December by email.
Tasks to consider before the initial day of classes include:
- pay tuition and class fees by 6:00 p.m. the Friday before that respective semester begins,
- register for classes on-line by 5:00 p.m. the Friday before that respective semester begins,
- speak one-on-one with staff in the Registrar’s Office (1st floor, Enrollment Services),
- inquire more about Financial Aid (1st floor, Enrollment Services),
- follow up with your academic advisor,
- obtain a TWU ID Badge (through Student Life, accomplished during orientation)
- secure a locker (through Student Life),
- upload remaining immunization records to http://patient-twu.medicatconnect.com/
- review student health insurance possibilities (TWU has a relationship with Academic HealthPlans),
- purchase textbooks (many options online),
- make arrangements for a parking contract &/or public transportation,
- explore METRO offerings (Q Card at half off traditional fare for enrolled students, Light Rail, Bus, Community Connector, STAR Vanpool and Carpool, Park & Ride),
- get familiar with the Texas Medical Center (optional tours of the TMC are given during Orientation and in the first few weeks of classes),
- sign up to receive notifications from Pioneer Alert, a system that can deliver emergency messages from our University Department of Public Safety (DPS) to campus personnel via text, email, phone (or campus computer for faculty/staff).
Page last updated 4:08 PM, December 22, 2021