Fall 2022 Orientations
Orientation Opportunities for Fall 2022
- International Student Orientation
Monday, August 22nd, 2022; 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. [LUNCH will be provided.]
International Students will be expected to attend both this mandatory orientation plus the general orientation.
- General Undergraduate Nursing Student Orientation
Wednesday, August 24th, 2022; 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. [LUNCH will be provided.]
Students can plan on spending the day with us for this Wednesday Orientation. The morning will focus on services and resources offered at the TWU Houston site. The afternoon will be dedicated to the College of Nursing specifics that need to be addressed prior to beginning classes.
- General Graduate Student Orientation for DPT Students
Thursday, August 25th, 2022; 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. [LUNCH will be provided.]
An academic specific session will be woven into the day as graduate students hear from the various departments about services and resources offered.
- General Orientation for Health Care Administration, Business Administration and other graduate programs
Saturday, August 27th, 2022; 8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. [LUNCH will be provided.]
Students will have the opportunity to hear from various departments on campus and learn more about the TWU Houston site. Additionally, there will be separate academic specific sessions held for Health Care Administration and Masters in Business Administration majors. ID badges for attendees of this Orientation will be made between 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. [Students from these two majors are welcome also to come to the Student Life Office after classes begin to get this task accomplished.]
CONTACT: For further information regarding Orientation, please contact Deborah Unruh with the Office of Student Life at 713-794-2158.
NOTE: An email will be sent to all newcomers in August with Parking & Transportation information (including details about the METRO Q Card and a parking contract for those using a vehicle to come to TWU), locker rental information, as well as getting an ID badge made. An additional email will be distributed mid-August noting the offerings of all the departments at the Houston site within a Google Classroom setting that students can access as appropriate online.
ID BADGES: As we approach Fall 2022 with a modicum of distancing still in mind, a schedule will be sent to each newcomer noting days that ID Badges can be made here in the Student Life Office. Although you will not necessarily need the TWU ID Badges to begin classes, per se, the TWU ID Badge will be necessary to pick up the parking pass (if parking in the garage associated with TWU) as well as the METRO Q Card. The schedule will allow for about four people every 15 minutes. Newcomers are welcome to come and get their ID Badges made in August. However, please feel welcome to come at any time after classes begin as well.
Tasks to consider before the initial day of classes include:
- pay tuition and class fees by 6:00 p.m. the Friday before that respective semester begins,
- register for classes on-line by 5:00 p.m. the Friday before that respective semester begins,
- speak one-on-one with staff in the Registrar’s Office (1st floor, Enrollment Services),
- inquire more about Financial Aid (1st floor, Enrollment Services),
- follow up with your academic advisor,
- obtain a TWU ID Badge (through Student Life, accomplished during orientation)
- secure a locker (through Student Life),
- upload remaining immunization records to http://patient-twu.medicatconnect.com/
- review student health insurance possibilities (TWU has a relationship with Academic HealthPlans),
- purchase textbooks (many options online),
- make arrangements for a parking contract &/or public transportation,
- explore METRO offerings (Q Card at half off traditional fare for enrolled students, Light Rail, Bus, Community Connector, STAR Vanpool and Carpool, Park & Ride),
- get familiar with the Texas Medical Center (optional tours of the TMC are given during Orientation and in the first few weeks of classes),
- sign up to receive notifications from Pioneer Alert, a system that can deliver emergency messages from our University Department of Public Safety (DPS) to campus personnel via text, email, phone (or campus computer for faculty/staff).
Page last updated 1:50 PM, July 13, 2022