Health Insurance Mandated for F-1 Students
Mandatory Health Insurance is also required for every international student. The arrangements will be made by TWU for you, and the charge will be applied to your account. Continuous coverage must be maintained, even during periods of holiday breaks and summer sessions (when students may not be enrolled). Coverage would be approximately $2200 annually.
Exceptions to the charges for the University related health insurance include the following:
- Students who maintain insurance coverage through a U.S. employer.
- Students who have coverage with and are sponsored by their government.
- Students who are on a spouse’s or parent’s group insurance plan through a U.S. employer.
- Students graduating or leaving the country for the entire summer (the request must be submitted by the twelfth class day of fall and spring semester).
- NOTE: Students are not permitted to purchase health insurance to replace the Student Health Insurance Plan.
- If the above conditions apply to you, fill out the waiver form.
The TWU Houston campus has a good nursing school with outstanding professors. Being a nursing student there has afforded me the opportunity to have clinical training at Houston Texas Medical Center. TWU is a rainbow of beautiful colors - you get to meet people from different parts of the world.
Page last updated 3:43 PM, June 16, 2020