Students seeking SHS services
- Log into the TWU Patient Portal to send a secure message:
- Established Patients with SHS: Secure message your provider for medical service requests, i.e. refill requests, telemedicine services for acute illnesses, management of chronic illness and mental health concerns
- New Patients to SHS: Secure messages to “Ask A Health Professional” will be triaged by a nurse to determine how we may best meet your healthcare needs.
- Students needing medication refills should contact their healthcare provider via secure message with request and to discuss options. Please notify your pharmacy that we are unable to receive faxed requests when the university is closed due to COVID-19
- Secure messages from TWU SHS will come from TWU_SHS@medicat.com.
Immunization Compliance services
- Immunization inquiries can be made through the TWU Patient Portal secure messaging
- Inquiries can also be sent via email
- Email for insurance inquires.
- Students with the university sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan have access to virtual visits:
- Academic Emergency Services
Emotional-Support Help Line for students with anxiety or stress due to COVID-19: access to specially trained mental health specialists through Optum’s toll-free help line number, 866-342-6892, open 24/7; service is free of charge and open to anyone.
Faculty and Staff: Please contact us through TWU email; review the online TWU directory for specific staff you may be needing to reach.
For students who need assistance after normal business hours, the following services are available:
Mental Health: Student Assistance Program Overview
Page last updated 2:35 PM, March 24, 2020