Learn to Thrive: Strategic Plan 2022
In 2015, Dr. Carine M. Feyten, chancellor and president, commissioned a Strategic Planning Design Team to craft a new guiding document that would incorporate input from the community. Appointing a team with diverse perspectives, she aimed for a new university-level strategic plan that would be student-centered and purpose-driven. That original team has evolved over time to match the changing phases — conception, development, implementation — of the plan. The current Strategic Planning Design Team includes:
- Ann Medley, co-chair, Director of Physical Therapy
- Amy O’Keefe, co-chair, Executive Director CARE
- Parker Hevron, Professor
- Carine M. Feyten, Chancellor and President
- Holly Hansen-Thomas, Professor
- Ron Hovis, Interim Senior Associate Provost
- Christopher Johnson, Chancellor’s Chief of Staff
- Jennifer Wilson, Associate Clinical Professor
- Mark Hamner, Vice Provost Institutional Research and Data Management
- Kim Miloch, Associate Dean of Health Sciences
The divisions — Academic Affairs, Student Life, Enrollment Management, Finance and Administration, and University Advancement — were instrumental in the conceptualization and development of the plan. The Strategic Planning Steering Committee and the Strategic Planning Teams comprised of more than 80 members of the faculty, staff, and student body delved deep into components of the plan. Input from over 100 listening, sharing, and feedback sessions with students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community stakeholders as well as the Texas 60x30 plan helped guide the development of this strategic plan. Development and implementation of the first eight strategic initiatives began in Fall 2017. This year, development of five additional initiatives will begin. The remaining initiatives will be launched in 2019.
Our commitment to continuous improvement will lead Texas Woman’s to adapt the plan as we gain new insights.