MA in Sociology (Criminology Concentration) - NEW 100% Online Option
Earn your master’s degree in sociology with a concentration in criminology at TWU.
Our department dedicates itself to providing a flexible program of study for working and family-oriented students. We’ve designed our master of arts (MA) in sociology program to train you in theory, methods and statistics for the analysis of social phenomena within a professional setting.
Through online-only, face-to-face, or a hybrid format of classes, you will be prepared for a variety of careers in criminology, criminal justice, sociology and social services, as well as for future graduate studies.
Students completing their MA degree on-campus may choose either the thesis option or non-thesis option. Our NEW 100% online MA program does not offer the thesis option.
- MA in Sociology (Criminology Concentration) Degree Requirements
- Course Rotation Schedule
- Frequently Asked Questions
Admission to the M.A. in Sociology
James L. Williams, PhD
Graduate Program Director
No Deadline - Rolling admissions
- Bachelor's degree in sociology or its equivalent. Students without a bachelor’s degree in sociology will be considered if the admission committee believes that the student shows academic promise.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on the last 60 hours of undergraduate work and on all graduate work.
How to Apply
- Apply for admission to the TWU Graduate School.
- Submit a personal statement of interest (2-3 pages) as a PFD file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line (YOUR LAST NAME)-(YOUR FIRST NAME)-M.A. in Sociology.
- Two academic or professional references should submit letters of recommendation as PDFs on institutional or organization letterhead to email@example.com. Recommenders should include the student name and "M.A. in Sociology" in the subject line.
For more information about our sociology master's program, please contact:
Page last updated 11:20 AM, March 16, 2021