Some moments cannot be overlooked. While we know that it's challenging to replace the Texas Woman's commencement experience many of our upcoming graduates were expecting, we still want to help the newest members of the TWU alumni family all celebrate all they've accomplished!
Join us May 1 - 31 to help our graduating students feel special!
Follow us on social media and check back here all month for fun, downloadable content that you can share on social media, share via email or use in your online video celebrations.
And if you’re graduating this spring or summer, remember to RSVP by May 9 for our Virtual Commencement for Spring and Summer 2020 Graduates. Check your TWU email address for details.
TWU Stage at Home
Walking across the stage for graduation is a time-honored tradition at Texas Woman’s. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we know many of our newest alumni will host their own DIY stages during our virtual commencement on May 22—and we want to see them all! Show off your #TWUStageAtHome for a chance to win in our new contest for commencement. May 19 – 27, post your favorite photos/videos/boomerangs of you walking across your DIY graduation stage!
- Only TWU students graduating in the spring or summer of 2020 can participate
- Only digital images (photos, videos, etc.) may be entered
- The graduates be visible in their photos or videos
- Ensure that you have permission from all individuals included in your submission to use their image/video in your entry
- Images should be original photos or videos that should show the graduation’s at-home commencement stage walk
- Be creative. Use of filters, photoshop, GIFs, music and other editing tools are allowed. Feel free to film/photograph on your front lawn, living room, porch, etc. Just be safe and keep everything legal!
- Photos should be shared on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or TikTok using#TWUStageAtHome
- Individuals who participate on other social media platforms or who incorrectly type the hashtag may be disqualified at the judges’ discretion
- Individuals who prefer to participate via email, can submit their entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posts should be publicly visible for the month of May. Posts that are deleted, hidden or otherwise removed before the contest winners are announced may be disqualified.
- Please check your privacy settings before entering
- All entries should comply with applicable laws for your geographical area. Additionally, please adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- All contest entrants must consent to have their photos shared through Texas Woman’s University print and digital publications and communications, including social media
- Entries will be judged on creativity and professionalism by a panel of judges from the TWU Marketing and Communication office
- Winners will receive a TWU swag pack and will be notified by direct message, or if unable to receive direct messages, to direct replies on their winning post
- Winners may need to provide/show their TWU ID for confirmation of their student status and/or provide a mailing address if they are unable to pick up their prize. Prizes will be available after the contest.
- Winners will be announced on the @TXWomans Instagram account on/before Friday, May 29
Win It Week
Follow us on Instagram at @TXWomans for our Win It Week contests, happening May 18 – May 29.
Items to download for social media, email and other online platforms. Tag us into your social media posts with #TWUGrad20!
GIFs and Facebook Frames
To add a frame to your Page’s profile photo:
- Go to www.facebook.com/profilepicframes.
- Search “TWU Grad” for frame options and choose the frame you want. Click Use as Profile Picture.
- Or Download the frame here and use a photo editing tool to add your photo. Upload to any social media platform.
To use TWU GIFs:
- Add a video or photo to your Snapchat or Instagram stories as you normally would.
- Click on GIF search function. Search "TXWomans" or "TWU.”
- Select the GIF you would like to use. Pinch in and out to make the GIF smaller or larger or move the GIF where you want it.
- Tag us with #TWUGrad20 and post!
Profile Picture Frames
Page last updated 1:57 PM, May 18, 2020