Wednesday, October 20th @ 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Kitty Magee Arena, Pioneer Hall
Registration deadline extended to Tuesday, October 19th at noon!
General Audience Admission: $2 at the door
(Cash, Check, or Credit Card)
The TriBALLathon is a fun-filled competition consisting of TWU teams who will play Volleyball, Dodgeball, and Bowling! You can create a team by following the directions below, or simply come and show your support to the State Employee Charitable Campaign.
Who can enter?
TWU Employees are welcome to enter TWU's exciting TriBallathon! This is a fun, healthy, and easy way to show your support while contributing to the State employee Charitable Campaign. Everyone is encouraged to play! Entry donation is $5 per individual in a team. All proceeds go directly to the SECC campaign!
Faculty and Staff can receive an extra 30 minutes during their lunch break as University-sponsored wellbeing time! The administration has granted an additional 30 minutes during lunch to all employees, with approval from their supervisor, so they can participate in this SECC TriBALLathon. Those who participate should document 0.5 hours of “University Sponsored Wellbeing” on their timecard entry.
How do I/we participate in the TriBALLathon?
Players can sign up individually or as part of a pre-organized team! Individuals who sign-up will be randomly assigned to an ad-hoc team.
Three games will be running simultaneously in the Pioneer Stadium - Volleyball, Dodgeball, and Bowling.
Each team must compete in all three games, but not all members of the team have to compete in each game. It is recommended that each team member plays in only one or two of the three types of ball-games and that each game has one or two alternate players lined up in case conflicts arise in order of team member play.
The organizers will do their best to arrange the competition sequence so that potential conflicts of play by team members participating in multiple games is minimized, but the order of gameplay and team pair-offs cannot be set until after all teams have registered.
- Individuals who would like to participate, but are not signing up as part of a pre-organized team may participate by completing the TriBALLathon Individual Entry Form.
- Entry donations can be submitted in advance via the SECC online payment system, Cash or Check (make out to SECC) to Nora Sierra at ACT 10 (x81-3352) by the registration deadline, or can be delivered to the arena at check-in. You may send the entry donation by campus mail, but please include a note with the entry donation indicating the participant’s name so we can match entries.
- Arrive at the Kitty Magee Arena in Pioneer Hall on Wednesday, October 20th by 11:15 a.m. to check-in.
- PLAY BALL & HAVE FUN!
- Select a Team Captain. This Team Captain will be the person responsible for:
coordinating the team, team costume (if applicable), and team needs;
communicating information provided by the event coordinators to their team members; and
collecting and submitting all team members' entry donations.
- Teams must register by completing the TriBALLathon Team Entry Form.
- The Team Captain must submit the $5 entry donation for each team participant (cash or check payable to TWU SECC). Entry donations can be submitted in advance via the SECC online payment system, Cash or Check (make out to SECC) to Nora Sierra at ACT 10 (x81-3352) by the registration deadline, or can be delivered to the arena at check-in. You may send the entry donation by campus mail, but please include a note with the entry donation indicating the participant’s name so we can match entries.
- Arrive at the Kitty Magee Arena in Pioneer Hall on Wednesday, October 13th by 11:15 a.m. to check-in.
- PLAY BALL & HAVE FUN!
What can our team win?
Besides bragging rites, one team from each game type will be awarded first place and will win a TWU SECC Trophy! Additionally, there will be an "Overall" first place award for the team that scores the highest total points from all three games. Trophies will be awarded to 1 member/team only, not each individual in a team.
We will also be holding drawings for TWU Dining Dollar prizes throughout the competition!
Individual game rules and scoring methods!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Nora Sierra (x81-3352).
Page last updated 2:36 PM, October 13, 2021