ALL BAKERS WILL RECEIVE $20 IN TWU DINING DOLLARS FOR PARTICIPATING!
The registration deadline is Tuesday, Oct. 26th
How Do I Register as a Contestant?
Participants must register by completing the Desert Bake-Off & Auction Entry Form. There is no entry fee!
What Can I Win?
Both the 1st Place Overall Winner selected by the Judges and the People's Choice Winner will receive a blue ribbon and $75 in TWU Dining Dollars! Those placing in second and third place in each category will receive ribbons representing their respective placement.
Who Can Enter as a Contestant?
TWU faculty and staff are welcome to enter the bake-off! Both inexperienced and experienced bakers are encouraged to enter, but all baked goods must be made in a home kitchen. Contestants may work individually or with a team. (Prizes will be awarded to 1 member/team only, not each individual in a team.)
What Can I Bake?
Baked goods including cakes (single or multi-layer); cupcakes; pies (fruit, custard, etc.); cookies; dessert bars (brownies, etc.); and any other baked dessert that does not fit into the above standard baked dessert categories. Note that breads, muffins, pastries, and baked breakfast foods are not eligible for entry.
How Will Recipes Be Judged?
An appointed panel of judges will evaluate entries. Each recipe will be judged based on the following criteria:
What Are the Bake-Off Rules?
Participants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for award consideration:
- Entries must be delivered to the event location by 9:00 a.m. the day of the event.
- Participants may enter any recipe and are not required to submit original recipes. Recipes may come from cookbooks, magazines, websites, or any other source.
- Entries must display your recipe’s name/description and ingredients next to your entry. This will ensure that individuals with food allergies or dietary needs can participate in sampling and bidding on items.
- Submissions must be home-cooked, not store-bought.
- Entries should be submitted on plates/platters that the participant does not need to be returned or on a paper plate/in a recyclable container (tinfoil pans, plastic bags, etc.). Serving plates/platters/containers will not be returned as they are given away as part of the Auction. The organizers and TWU/SECC representatives are in any way responsible for the loss of any personal items.
- Entries may not require heating or refrigeration as hot/cold storage will NOT be available.
- All entries are to be submitted with a minimum of two whole identical items (2 complete pies, 2 complete cakes, etc.) OR in the quantity of two dozen for cupcakes, cookies, bars, or individually baked items (two sets of 12). One dessert will be consumed by the judges and attendees. The other dessert will be auctioned at the event with the proceeds going to SECC.
- TWU will provide serving utensils, plates, forks, and napkins for the judges and audience.
- Participants must attend the awards segment during the event or find a replacement to accept if awarded.
Page last updated 11:01 AM, October 14, 2021