ALL CHILI COOKS WILL RECEIVE $35 IN TWU DINING DOLLARS FOR PARTICIPATING!
The registration deadline is Tuesday, Oct. 26th
How Do I Register as a Contestant?
Participants must register by completing the Chili Cook-Off Entry Form. There is no entry fee!
What Can I Win?
Both the 1st Place Overall Winner selected by the Judges and the People's Choice Winner will receive a blue ribbon and $100 in TWU Dining Dollars! Those placing in second and third place in each category will receive ribbons representing their respective placement.
Who Can Enter as a Contestant?
TWU faculty and staff are welcome to enter the Chili Cook-Off! Both inexperienced and experienced chili cooks are encouraged to participate, but all chili must be made in a home kitchen. Contestants may work individually or with a team. (Prizes will be awarded to 1 member/team only, not each individual in a team.)
What Kind of Chili Should I Make?
All chili entries are welcome! In the past, submissions have included styles of Hot, Vegetarian/Vegan, Exotic, and Classic.
What Are the Chili Cook-Off Rules?
Participants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for award consideration:
- Entries must be delivered to the event location by 9:00 a.m. the day of the event.
- Participants may enter any recipe and are not required to submit original recipes. Recipes may come from cookbooks, magazines, websites, or any other source.
- Entries must display your recipe’s name/description and ingredients next to your entry. This will ensure that individuals with food allergies or dietary needs can participate in sampling and bidding on items.
- Submissions must be home-cooked, not store-bought.
- Entries requiring heating but be served from a crockpot. Electrical power will be provided to each entry station.
- Participants should bring their own serving utensils.
- TWU will provide mini serving cups, forks, and napkins for the judges and audience.
- Participants must attend the awards segment during the event or find a replacement to accept if awarded.
- All containers used to submit an entry are the sole responsibility of the participant. Participants must pick up their containers and serving utensils immediately following the announcement of winners at the end of the event. The organizers and TWU/SECC representatives are in no way responsible for the loss of any personal items.
How Will Recipes Be Judged?
An appointed panel of judges will evaluate entries. Each recipe will be judged based on the following criteria:
Page last updated 11:01 AM, October 14, 2021