1K/5K Fun Run/Walk
Stay Fit and Support TWU While Helping Others!
Thursday, October 13th
Check-in will begin at 11:30 a.m. in front of Pioneer Hall.
The 1K/5K Fun-Run/Walk will begin promptly at 12:15 p.m.
The awards ceremony will be held at 1:00 p.m.
All Faculty and Staff are invited to participate! Those participating in this year’s Fun-Run/Walk can help our SECC charities by making a donation and/or collecting pledges for participating in the event. All collected donations and pledges will go directly to our SECC campaign! Those who just wish to participate in the Fun-Run/Walk without collecting pledges or donating are welcome.
1K participants will run or walk to the TWU Soccer Field.
5K participants will continue from there and complete one lap around the Golf Course and end at the TWU Soccer Field.
Medal and ribbon awards will be given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishes.
TWU Dining Dollar prizes will be given to
- Most pledges collected for 1K or 5K
- 5K fastest time for faculty and staff members (female and male categories)
Award winners will be showcased on the TWU SECC website and on Social Media!
How to Participate
- Register for the 1K/5k Fun-Run/Walk. (You can also register at the check-in desk the day of the event!)
- Download and print out the 1K/5K Fun-Run/Walk Pledge Form if you wish to collect pledges. Then, talk to your family, friends, neighbors, and community about pledging towards this good cause! Have them complete the pledge form and collect their pledge. All pledges should be collected as cash or checks made out to “SECC” (checks recommended).
- On Thursday - Check-in, sign the Waiver of Liability, and submit any completed pledge form and pledges or donations before the Fun-Run/Walk.
- Participate in the Fun-Run/Walk knowing that you are helping those in need via our SECC campaign!
Faculty and Staff can receive an extra 30 minutes during their lunch break as University-sponsored wellbeing time! The administration has granted an additional 30 minutes during lunch to all employees, with approval from their supervisor, so they can participate in this SECC 1K/5K Fun Run/Walk. Those who participate should document 0.5 hours of “University Sponsored Wellbeing” on their timecard entry.
Fun Run-Walk Map
Page last updated 4:36 PM, September 26, 2022