1K/5K Fun Run/Walk
Fun Run-Walk Map
Stay Fit and Support TWU While Helping Others!
Friday, October 11th
Check-in will begin at 11:30 a.m. in front of the Fitness & Recreation Center.
The 1K/5K Fun-Run/Walk will begin promptly at 12:15 p.m.
The awards ceremony will be held at 1:00 p.m.
The TWU State Employee Charitable Campaign (SECC) is joining forces with this year’s Campus Challenge - a competition with 98 schools from across the country going head-to-head for four weeks to see who can get the most people outside and active. The school with the most people outdoors wins!
TWU is the current Campus Challenge leader and we need your help to keep it that way!
This is one of the last TWU coordinated Campus Challenge events…
All Faculty, Staff, and Students are invited to participate! Those participating in this year’s Fun-Run/Walk will not only help gain points towards our Campus Challenge, but can also help our SECC charities by making a donation and/or collecting pledges for participating in the event. All collected donations and pledges will go directly to our SECC campaign! Those who just wish to participate in the Fun-Run/Walk without collecting pledges or donating are welcome.
1K participants will run or walk to the ROTC building on the TWU Golf Course
5K participants will continue from there and complete one lap around the Golf Course
before ending at the ROTC building.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards will be given to:
- Most pledges collected for 1K or 5K.
- 5K Fastest time for students (female and male categories)
- 5K Fastest time for faculty and staff members (female and male categories)
Award winners will be showcased on the TWU SECC website and on Social Media!
In addition, all individuals who collect a minimum of $10 in pledges or donates $10 will be entered into a drawing for a JBL Flip 5 Portable Speaker ($100 value)
How to Participate:
- Register for the 1K/5k Fun-Run/Walk. (You can also register at the check-in desk the day of the event!)
- Download the Campus Challenge App from the Apple or Google Play store and choose the TEXAS WOMAN’S UNIVERSITY team.
- Download and print out the 1K/5K Fun-Run/Walk Pledge Form if you wish to collect pledges. Then, talk to your family, friends, neighbors, and community about pledging towards this good cause! Have them complete the pledge form and collect their pledge. All pledges should be collected as cash or checks made out “SECC” (checks recommended).
- On Friday - Check-in, sign the Waiver of Liability, and submit any completed pledge form and pledges or dontaion before the Fun-Run Walk.
- Participate in the Fun-Run/Walk knowing that you are helping TWU compete in the Campus Challenge while simultaneously helping out those in need via our SECC campaign!
Faculty and Staff can receive and extra 30 minutes during their lunch break as University Sponsored Wellbeing time! The administration has granted an additional 30 minutes during lunch to all employees, with approval from their supervisor, so they can participate in this SECC/Campus Challenge 1K/5K Fun Run/Walk. Those who participate should document 0.5 hours of “University Sponsored Wellbeing” on their Friday, October 11th Timecard entry.
Page last updated 9:34 AM, October 11, 2019