ACCESS Scholarship Project
Accelerating Completion and Career Education in the School of Sciences
Project ACCESS (Accelerating Completion and Career Education in the School of Sciences) is a Department of Education funded Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (S-STEM) program. The main goal of Project ACCESS is to enable Hispanics and low-income students with academic ability to successfully complete postsecondary degrees in biotechnology, biology, chemistry, mathematics and information data science and pursue careers in STEM fields. This is accomplished with scholarships and stipends, mentoring, research experience, tutoring, career exploration/education, a lending library, and accelerated pathways for students to complete their degrees in 15 months.
Be a part of our growing community of ACCESS scholars! We are located at ASSC 364.
- Lending library – laptops and books
- Scholarships, stipends, and travel support to present at research conferences
- Monthly workshops
ACCESS Scholarship Requirements
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Must be a Master’s or Ph.D. student in the School of Sciences
- Major in Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry, Math, Information Data Science
- Enroll in minimum of five credit hours
- Demonstrate financial need by completing current-year FAFSA
- Demonstrate low-income (email firstname.lastname@example.org for information)
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
ACCESS Scholarship Application
- Complete online scholarship application in TWU Pioneer Scholarship System
- Upload resume and personal statement to application
- Include two references for letters of recommendation
Summer deadline is May 15. Fall deadline to apply is August 31. Spring deadline is January 15.
For more information, please contact Dr. Antonette Robles at email@example.com.
Project Director - Ms. Rosa Fonseca-Morris
Activity Coordinator - Ms. Irinia Fernandez
Career and Internship Coordinator - Dr. Maria Serrano
Scholarship Coordinator - Dr. Antonette Robles
Page last updated 5:11 PM, September 1, 2023