Why Study Psychological Science at TWU?
Our master’s program in psychological science will provide you with exceptional, student-focused research training in a variety of areas of psychological science. Through one-on-one mentoring, you will develop a deep understanding of the scientific basis of human psychology and highly marketable research skills. The program will prepare you for direct entry into the workforce as a behavioral scientist or analyst with tech companies, marketing firms, defense contractors, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries, federal and local governments, academic and private research labs, and other private industry employers. You also will be well-positioned for entry into a doctoral program in psychology or entry into teaching positions at junior colleges.
The 36 credit-hour program is designed to be completed in as few as 12 months and includes the completion of a thesis project with a faculty mentor. The goal of the program is to transform students into highly skilled scientists who are prepared to excel in behavioral science careers.
- Visit our graduate catalog pages for:
- Course rotation
Admission to the M.S. in Psychological Science
Chris Hart, PhD
Fall admission only - February 1
There is a rolling deadline for application to the MSPS program, but priority will be given to those applications received by February 1. The review of applications will begin immediately following February 1, and applications will continue to be reviewed until all spaces are filled. Please note that it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all materials are received. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applicants are encouraged to confirm receipt of their materials by contacting the Office of Admissions Processing at 940-898-3076 and the Department of Psychology & Philosophy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-898-2306
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in psychology.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on all courses in psychology and a 3.0 overall average for the last 60 semester credit hours of undergraduate work.
- A preferred minimum GRE of 150 verbal and 153 quantitative. The Psychology subject GRE is not required.
- 18 hours of psychology undergraduate coursework (completed or currently enrolled).
How to Apply
- Apply for admission to the TWU Graduate School.
- Take the GRE General Test and submit your GRE scores to TWU.
- Collect and submit the following documents as separate pdf files in ONE email to email@example.com with the subject line (YOUR LAST NAME)-(YOUR FIRST NAME)-(MSPS). Please attach all items as PDFs.
- Application Form: Complete, and submit a PDF of the Master of Science in Psychological Sciences Program Application for Admission.
- Résumé or vita.
- Personal Statement: (1000 words or less) Explain why you are interested in pursuing a graduate degree in psychological science, how you would assess your preparation and fit for this program, what your career ambitions after earning your degree are, and what your major research interests are.
- A minimum of two academic or professional references should submit letters of recommendation as PDFs on institutional or organization letterhead to firstname.lastname@example.org. Recommenders should include student name and "MSPS" in the subject line.
Page last updated 5:25 PM, August 28, 2021