Kathy DeOrnellas, Ph.D.
Professor, Director of School Psychology Specialist Program
Office: CFO 811
- Ph.D., 1997, School Psychology - Texas Woman’s University
- M.Ed., 1991, Child and Family Counseling – University of North Texas
- B.F.A., 1976, Art (Major) English & Education (Minors) – Stephen F. Austin State University
Social/Emotional Assessment of Children and Adolescents, Preschool Assessment, Therapeutic and Crisis Interventions for Children and Adolescents, Advanced Therapeutic Interventions for Children and Adolescents, School-Based Practicum I and II, Counseling Practicum, Research Team, and Internship.
Parenting stress related to transition to adulthood of children with autism spectrum disorders; loneliness, anxiety, and depression in adults with autism spectrum disorders.
- Wadlington, C., DeOrnellas, K., & Scott, S. R. (2017). Developing effective transition reports for secondary students: A nationwide survey of college and university disability support personnel. Exceptionality, 25, 207-215.
- Rosen, L. H., Scott, S. R., & DeOrnellas, K. (2017). Teachers’ perceptions of bullying: A focus group approach. Journal of School Violence, 16, 119-139. Doi: 10.1080/ 15388220.2015.1124340
- Rosen, L., Scott, S., & DeOrnellas, K. (2014). Parental supervision. In L. Ganong & M. Coleman (Eds.), Social history of the American family. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Rosen, L. H., DeOrnellas, K., & Scott, S. R. (Eds.). (2017). Bullying in the schools: Perspectives from across campus. Basingstroke, UK: Palgrave MacMillan.
- Sheahan, B., & DeOrnellas, K. (2011). What I wish I'd known about raising a child with autism: A Mom and a psychologist offer heartfelt guidance for the first five years. Arlington, TX: Future Horizons.
- DeOrnellas, K., Hood, J. B., & Novales, B. (2010). Best practices in assessing and intervening with children with Asperger’s disorder. In D. Miller (Ed.), Best practices in school neuropsychology. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
- National Association of School Psychologists – Program Reviewer