Christian L. Hart, Ph.D.
Professor, Director of Master's in Psychological Science Program
Office: CFO 704
- Ph.D., 1999, Experimental Psychology - Texas Christian University
- M.S., 1997, Experimental Psychology - Texas Christian University
- B.A., 1992, Psychology (Major) English (Minor) –University of North Texas
Evolutionary Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Experimental Psychology, Statistics, Research Design, Physiological Psychology, Developmental Psychology, and Research Team.
Deception, suspicion, and trust as evolved psychological mechanisms.
- Griffith, J. D., Gassem, M., Hart, C. L., Adams, L. T., & Sargent,R. (in press). A cross sectional view of fear of death and dying among skydivers. Omega: Journal of Death and Dying.
- Hart, C. L. (2016). Born to deceive. Presidential address at the annual meeting of the Southwestern Psychological Association, Dallas, TX.
- Curtis, D. A., Hart, C. L., & Fitch, J. C. (2015). Pinocchio's nose in therapy: Therapists' beliefs and attitudes toward client deception. International Journal for the Advancement of Counselling.
- Hart, C. L, Morley, S. A., & Herzog, L. R. (2015). An exploration of the relative integration of evolutionary theory in subfields of psychology. Presented at the International Conference on Psychological Science, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Hart, C. L., Williams, N. M., Hathaway, M. D., Curtis, D. A., & Griffith, J. D. (2014). Do as I say, not as I do: Benevolent deception in romantic relationships. Journal of Relationships Research, 5, 1–6. doi 10.1017/jrr.2014.8
- Hart, C. L., Fillmore, D. G., & Griffith, J. D. (2010). Deceptive communication in the workplace: An examination of beliefs about verbal and paraverbal cues. Individual Difference Research.
- Griffith, J. D., Hart, C. L., & Brickel, M. (2010). Using rape vignettes to change knowledge and attitudes. International Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education.
- Hart, C. L., Fillmore, D. G., & Griffith, J. D. (2009). Indirect detection of deception: Looking for change. Current Research in Social Psychology, 14(9), 134-142.
- Program Director, Master’s Program in Psychological Science (2016)
- President of the Southwestern Psychological Association (2015-2016)
- Human Behavior and Evolution Society Grant (2015). $2000
Popular Press Coverage
- Slate magazine
- London Times (UK)
- Psychology Today
- New York Post
- Huffington Post
- Popular Mechanics
- Der Spiegel (Germany)
- The Sun (UK)
- The Toronto Sun (Canada)
- The Independent (UK)
- Times of India
- The Daily Mail (UK)
- Haaretz (Israel)
- The Calgary Sun (Canada)
Page last updated 1:57 PM, May 16, 2018