Psychological Science - MS
Admissions for the Master’s Program in Psychological Science
There is a rolling deadline for application to the program, but priority will be given to those applications received by February 1. The review of applications will begin immediately following February 1.
Recommended Criteria for Admission
- GRE: 153 (500) V, 144 (500) Q.
- GPA: 3.0 or higher.
- Bachelor’s degree with 18 hours of psychology coursework (completed or currently enrolled).
There are two parts to the application process that should be completed simultaneously:
Part I: Graduate School Application Procedures
Part II: Departmental Application Procedures
Part I: Arrange to have the following documents sent to:
Office of Admissions Processing
Texas Woman’s University
P.O. Box 425649
Denton, TX 76204-5649
- The ApplyTexas Application: Applicants at all levels must use this system to apply to all Texas public universities. Submit a graduate admissions application online at www.applytexas.org (NOTE: A nonrefundable application fee of $50 will be required of each new applicant. The fee is $75 for international students).
- Official Transcripts: Submit official transcripts from each accredited college or university attended (no copies accepted). Even though coursework from all institutions may be reflected on one transcript, TWU’s Office of Admissions Processing requires individual transcripts from each university attended.
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores: Arrange to have your GRE report sent directly from Educational Testing Services (ETS; www.ets.org/gre/). When completing ETS’s Score Report Form, you will need to know TWU’s institutional code, which is 6826.
Visit the TWU Graduate Students Admissions page for more details.
Part II: Complete and send the following documents in a single email to: email@example.com.
- Master of Science in Psychological Sciences Program Application for Admission (.pdf)
- A copy of your résumé or vita
- Letters of recommendation: Submit two letters of recommendation from academic or professional references. Letters should be written on institutional or organizational letterhead. Letters should be sent separately by the recommender to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal Statement: (1500 words or less) Explain why you are interested in pursuing a graduate degree in psychological science, how would you assess your preparation and fit for this program, what your career ambitions after earning your degree are, and what your major research interests are.
Please note that it is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all materials are received. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants may confirm receipt of their materials by contacting the Office of Admissions Processing at 940-898-3076 or the Department of Psychology & Philosophy at email@example.com or 940-898-2306.
For any questions, please contact:
Page last updated 11:15 AM, July 25, 2018