Restricted Items

The following list was developed to make users aware of restricted items; it is not all inclusive and should be referred to often as it is subject to change without notice.

For questions contact the Credit Card Administrator.

Current as of 11/08/2019

  • Alcoholic Beverages
  • Animals (live)
  • Automotive Fuel
  • Beauty Shops, Health & Beauty Spas, Massage Businesses 
  • Car, Bus, Vehicle, etc. (rentals)
  • Cash Advances
  • Cellular Telephone Equipment & services (e.g. iPhone)
  • Charitable Donations/Contributions/Pledges (e.g. Susan G. Komen, TWU Organizations) 
  • Computer Monitors (Except with email of compliance from Office of Technology)
  • Computer Office Equipment (e.g. printers, fax, copiers, scanners) (Except with email of compliance from Office of Technology)
  • Contractual/Individual Services (or signing the agreement to any terms and conditions)
  • Controlled Substances, Prescription Drugs
  • Decorative items (Personal)
  • Desktop Computers
  • Fines/ Late Fees/ Penalties/ Parking Citations
  • Furniture (e.g. file cabinets, chairs, desks, etc.) (Except with email of compliance from Planning & Design Services).
  • Gift Cards/Gift Certificates*
  • Hazardous materials (biohazards, radioactive materials, controlled substances, including drugs, alcohol, and tobacco)
  • Insurance of any type (does not apply to equipment warranties)
  • Laptop Computers, iPads, or other Tablet PCs
  • Leases and/or rentals of storage spaces*
  • Medical Services (doctors, clinics, etc.)*
  • Memberships to Costco, Sam’s Club, and Individual Amazon Prime
  • Parking Permits (TWU)
  • Payment to a TWU Employee or TWU Student for any reason 
  • Payment to other internal TWU Departments (excluding TWU Bookstore & Chartwells)
  • Personal Items (for yourself, TWU employees, or others)
  • Professional Services (e.g. accounting, architect, engineering, etc.)
  • Postage (excluding shipping i.e. UPS, Fed Ex, etc.)
  • Software (Except with email of compliance and Risk Assessment from Office of Technology)
  • Transportation (rental cars, charter buses, taxi, rideshares, etc.)
  • Travel (hotels, food, airfare, car rental, parking, charter buses, etc.)
  • Utilities (phone, electric, water, gas, cable, etc.)
  • Weapons, ammunition, explosives, and fireworks

Please note: PCards do not work at restaurants located inside hotels.

*Exceptions may apply

The PCard MUST NOT BE USED for the below items when the single unit value is more than $500:

  • Video Cameras (excluding GoPros)
  • Cameras
  • Data projectors
  • DVD players
  • Sound Systems
  • Televisions

Restricted Items Purchase Reimbursement Process

In order to properly reimburse TWU for a Restricted Items PCard purchase, please follow the steps below:

  • Write a personal check payable to "Texas Woman’s University" for the amount of the Restricted Items purchase.
  • Complete the Cash Receipts Deposit Transmittal Form (found on Bursar’s web page) with the required information.
  • When preparing the “Cash Receipts Deposit Transmittal Form”, please be sure to apply the same accounting string and object code used when reconciling the original PCard charge.
  • Submit the personal check and "Cash Receipts Deposit Transmittal Form" to the Bursar's Office (1st floor of Admissions & Registration Building – Denton Campus).
  • Submit all paperwork associated with this transaction (copy of “Cash Receipts Deposit Transmittal Form” & original receipt from the vendor) to

Page last updated 1:55 PM, November 8, 2019