The following list was developed to make users aware of restricted items; it is not all inclusive and should be referred to often as it is subject to change without notice.
For questions contact the Credit Card Administrator.
Current as of 09/09/2019
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Animals (live)
- Automotive Fuel
- Beauty Shops, Health & Beauty Spas, Massage Businesses
- Car, Bus, Vehicle, etc. (rentals)
- Cash Advances
- Cellular Telephone Equipment & services (e.g. iPhone)
- Charitable Donations/Contributions/Sponsorships/Pledges (e.g. Susan G. Komen, TWU Organizations)
- Computer Monitors (Except with email of compliance from Office of Technology)
- Computer Office Equipment (e.g. printers, fax, copiers, scanners) (Except with email of compliance from Office of Technology)
- Contractual/Individual Services (or signing the agreement to any terms and conditions)
- Controlled Substances, Prescription Drugs
- Decorative items (Personal)
- Desktop Computers
- Fines/ Late Fees/ Penalties/ Parking Citations
- Furniture (e.g. file cabinets, chairs, desks, etc.) (Except with email of compliance from Planning & Design Services).
- Gift Cards/Gift Certificates*
- Hazardous materials (biohazards, radioactive materials, controlled substances, including drugs, alcohol, and tobacco)
- Insurance of any type (does not apply to equipment warranties)
- Laptop Computers, iPads, or other Tablet PCs
- Leases and/or rentals of storage spaces*
- Medical Services (doctors, clinics, etc.)*
- Memberships to Costco, Sam’s Club, and Individual Amazon Prime
- Parking Permits (TWU)
- Payment to a TWU Employee or TWU Student for any reason
- Payment to other internal TWU Departments (excluding TWU Bookstore & Chartwells)
- Personal Items (for yourself, TWU employees, or others)
- Professional Services (e.g. accounting, architect, engineering, etc.)
- Postage (excluding shipping i.e. UPS, Fed Ex, etc.)
- Software (Except with email of compliance and Risk Assessment from Office of Technology)
- Transportation (rental cars, charter buses, taxi, rideshares, etc.)
- Travel (hotels, food, airfare, car rental, parking, charter buses, etc.)
- Utilities (phone, electric, water, gas, cable, etc.)
- Weapons, ammunition, explosives, and fireworks
Please note: PCards do not work at restaurants located inside hotels.
*Exceptions may apply
The PCard MUST NOT BE USED for the below items when the single unit value is more than $500:
- Video Cameras (excluding GoPros)
- Data projectors
- DVD players
- Sound Systems
Restricted Items Purchase Reimbursement Process
In order to properly reimburse TWU for a Restricted Items PCard purchase, please follow the steps below:
- Write a personal check payable to "Texas Woman’s University" for the amount of the Restricted Items purchase.
- Complete the Cash Receipts Deposit Transmittal Form (found on Bursar’s web page) with the required information.
- When preparing the “Cash Receipts Deposit Transmittal Form”, please be sure to apply the same accounting string and object code used when reconciling the original PCard charge.
- Submit the personal check and "Cash Receipts Deposit Transmittal Form" to the Bursar's Office (1st floor of Admissions & Registration Building – Denton Campus).
- Submit all paperwork associated with this transaction (copy of “Cash Receipts Deposit Transmittal Form” & original receipt from the vendor) to email@example.com.
Page last updated 2:42 PM, September 9, 2019