"Just Write" Writing Sessions
The Pioneer Center for Student Excellence, The Write Site, Graduate Student Council, and the Graduate School regularly hosts Just Write writing sessions. Just Write is a structured writing time focused on self-guided productivity in a community setting.
The Just Write writing sessions are for students working on any extended writing project beyond a paper assigned in a course, including the dissertation, professional paper, thesis, journal article submission, conference paper, etc. Though there is no writing tutor, there will be a facilitator to direct students to appropriate departments for additional assistance with writing projects.
Summer 2018 Just Write dates: Friday, June 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th, from 9:00 -3:00 p.m.
Fall 2018 Just Write dates: Friday, September 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th, from 9:00 -3:00 p.m.
These sessions will occur in the Pioneer Center on the 2nd floor of the Blagg-Huey library.
Just Write Sessions Registration
If you have any questions please email E. Tamplin at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 940-898-3755.
What you can expect:
- Dedicated time and space for writing
- Information about resources available for extended writing support
- Snacks and drinks (water/tea/coffee) will be provided
What we expect:
- Participants will set daily and weekly writing goals and actively work to achieve them
- Participants will work in a self-guided manner and respect fellow students