Job Shadowing Program (Employers)
What is the TWU Job Shadowing Program?
The TWU Job Shadowing Program, offered to undergraduate students, is a way to connect students with employers. The program serves as an opportunity for students to observe a professional work setting, gain understanding of an organization and its culture, and day to day business operations, which will aid in their self-exploration and future goals.
Monday, March 11, 2019 – Friday, March 15, 2019
Hosts can design a student's experience ranging from 1 to 5 days during this week.
Benefits of Hosting TWU Students
- Company Branding: Opportunity for branding and recognition of the host's company on the TWU campus.
- Talent Acquisition: Develop and strengthen a potential recruiting relationship with TWU students.
- Mentoring: Experience mentoring students and building connections with them.
Common Host Questions
- What expenses will I incur? Students are responsible for their own expenses; however we do encourage hosts to take their students to lunch.
- Should I contact the students first? Students are expected to initiate the first line of communication with their host.
- Will I be guaranteed a student? Unfortunately every host will not be guaranteed a student, but we are actively promoting, and will make our best effort to have a student partnered with hosts.
- Provide students with a learning environment focusing on self-exploration and future goals
- Serve as a mentor during the exploration experience
- Provide students with information about the organization and types of roles and functions within the company
- Create a schedule of activities for the student's day
- Complete end of experience survey
Possible Day Activities
- Tour of the workplace
- Staff meetings (if appropriate)
- Review organizational chart, company culture, and work environment
- Meeting and conducting informational interviews with other team members
- Recent grads panel
- Informational lunch sessions
- Observe a client presentation
- Question and answer
How Do I Participate?
- Applications for Spring 2019 are now closed. Information for Winter 2019 (December 16-20) will be posted here Fall 2019.
- Determine dates and the number of students you would like to host
- Consider details regarding parking, arrival, and special accommodations for these days
More Info or Questions
Juan Armijo, Coordinator of Internships
Pioneer Center for Student Excellence
Texas Woman's University
firstname.lastname@example.org | 940.898.3310
Elizabeth MacDonald, Interim Associate Director, Career Consulting & Programming
Career Connections Center
Texas Woman's University
email@example.com | 940.898.2951
Page last updated 1:51 PM, July 23, 2019