Job Shadowing Program (Employers)
What is the TWU Job Shadowing Program?
The TWU Job Shadowing Program, is a way to connect undergraduate students with employers. The program serves as an opportunity for students to observe a professional work setting, gain understanding of an organization and its culture, and day to day business operations, which will aid in their self-exploration and future goals.
Monday, March 9, 2020 – Friday, March 13, 2020
Hosts can design a student's experience ranging from 1 to 5 days during this week.
Benefits of Hosting TWU Students
- COMPANY BRANDING: Opportunity for branding and recognition of the host's company on the TWU Denton campus.
- TALENT ACQUISITION: Develop and strengthen a potential recruiting relationship with TWU students.
- MENTORING: Experience mentoring students and building connections with them.
- Provide students with a learning environment focusing on self-exploration and future goals
- Serve as a mentor during the exploration experience
- Provide students with information about the organization and types of roles and functions within the company
- Create a schedule of activities for the student's day
- Complete end of experience survey
Possible Day Activities
- Tour of the workplace
- Attend staff meetings (if appropriate)
- Review organizational chart, company culture, and work environment
- Meeting and conducting informational interviews with other team members
- Sit in on a recent grads panel
- Attend informational lunch sessions
- Observe a client presentation
- Meet for question and answer
How Do I Participate?
- Determine dates and the number of students you would like to host
- Complete the interest form by Friday, January 31, 2019
- Consider details regarding parking, arrival, and special accommodations for these days
Juan Armijo, Coordinator of Internships
Pioneer Center for Student Excellence
Texas Woman's University
firstname.lastname@example.org | 940.898.3310
Page last updated 3:34 PM, January 16, 2020