Friends and Sponsors
The TWU School of Physical Therapy has a Friends Program for persons who wish to support the mission of the school. The school is grateful to those alumni, former faculty, PT patients, health organizations and business leaders in the community who have generously contributed to the success of the school.
Donations made through the Friends of PT program allow the school to offer activities not funded by the state such as the annual research conferences held in Houston and Dallas which are open to all PTs for continuing education credit, opportunities for students to network with American PT Association leaders, and bringing in guest speakers.
“Friends” are designated for contributions to the program at any level and type of gift including time, expertise and monetary donations. Three additional levels of support include Sponsor, Partner and Sustaining Partner. Those friends are listed on our website.
In addition, opportunities are available for naming of special events held at the school, such as Research Conferences and Lectureships. Friends are provided with information on the accomplishments of students and faculty, facilities updates and curricular changes.
Levels of Support
A Sponsor of the School of Physical Therapy designation is available at the $500 level of giving per campus. The benefits are negotiated with the Sponsor but may include the following:
- Partial sponsorship of one campus-specific School event during which the sponsor may also be responsible for food costs, with the food being provided by a TWU-approved vendor
- Listing as a Sponsor of TWU School of Physical Therapy on the School website (with link) for 12 months and complimentary job posting by e-mail for 6 months if requested
- Invitation to appropriate events.
Partnerships with the school are available at two levels of giving: Partner ($1,000) per campus and Sustaining Partner ($2,500), and the benefits are negotiated with the Partner but may include the following:
- Sponsorship of one campus-specific School event per academic year, during which the sponsor may also be responsible for food costs, with the food being provided by a TWU approved vendor
- Listing of the sponsor as a Partner of TWU School of Physical Therapy on the school website for 12 months and complimentary job postings for 12 months (with link) if requested
- Invitation to appropriate events.
Sustaining Partner ($2500)
- Choice of sponsorship for one School event per academic year on each campus, during which the sponsor may be responsible for food costs with the food being provided by a TWU-approved vendor
- Listing of the sponsor as a Sustaining Partner of the TWU School of Physical Therapy on the School Website for 12 months and complimentary job postings for 12 months if requested
- Privilege of participating in special “invitation only” events held at the School for students and/or alumni and/or community throughout the academic year. A Sustaining Partner of the School will have right of first refusal to attend these special events. If the Sustaining Partner chooses to participate in an event, that partner may be responsible for food costs with the food being provided by a TWU approved vendor.
Corporate Sponsorships ($10,000) are available for a named annual event, such as the Houston Research Conference, Dallas Research Conference or an established lectureship. Details of the corporate sponsorship may be worked out with Dr. Ann Medley, the Director of the School of Physical Therapy.
Ready to Donate
Thank you for your interest in participating in the Friends Program. We welcome all donations. To participate, please contact:
- Email – Dr. Ann Medley, Director of the School of Physical Therapy
- Call – 214-689-7726
Corporate Sponsors: ($10,000)
Seeking corporate sponsors now.
Sustaining Partners ($2500)
- Memorial Hermann Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Select Physical Therapy / Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation
- TIRR Memorial Hermann
- Advanced Medical Personnel
- AMN Healthcare
- Foreman Therapy Services
- Results Physiotherapy
- Elite Home Rehab
- North Cypress Medical Center
- Stambush Staffing
- Pro Active Physical Therapy Center
- University of Texas Medical Branch
- Institute for Athlete Regeneration (IAR)
Page last updated 8:25 AM, October 16, 2019