Ready to take the next step toward enrollment in the School of Physical Therapy? Here’s how:
Apply to the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program
Application deadlines for fall of 2018
(Application deadlines for fall of 2017 have passed.)
- July 1, 2018 – Begin accepting applications for Fall 2018
- October 15, 2018 – Final deadline (CST 11 p.m.)
- December 15, 2018 – Target date for notifying accepted students
- January 30, 2019 – Target date for notifying alternate students
Apply for Admission
The application process for the DPT program is a two-part process. TWU participates in the Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service (PTCAS). An applicant must submit required documentation to both TWU and PTCAS.
To assist applicants in this process, step-by-step instructions are available.
Apply to the Doctor of Philosophy in Physical Therapy (Ph.D.) Program
- November 1 for spring registration
- April 1 for summer and fall registration.
Apply for Admission
Applicants must first submit an online application for graduate admission along with the appropriate application fee. In addition, applicants must submit the following:
- Official transcript from each university/college attended with degree earned indicated on transcript
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably including one from the last employer and one from the last school attended
- A statement indicating educational objectives and focus of professional and research interests. Include an evaluation of personal
- strengths and weaknesses.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Current copy of license to practice physical therapy in Texas
The above materials must be sent to:
Mary Beth Daugherty
TWU School of Physical Therapy
PO Box 425766
Denton, Texas 76204-5766
Once all materials are received, the application will be reviewed by the campus admission’s committee. The Post-Professional Committee will consider applications from students having recently completed or who are currently enrolled in entry-level education programs in physical therapy.
Contact Ph.D. program
Apply to the DPT to Ph.D. Fast Track program
This program is not open to external applicants. Only current TWU DPT students may apply during the second and fifth semesters only.
Contact DPT to Ph.D. program
Apply to Certificate programs
Visit the certificate program pages to apply.
Apply to Residency programs
Visit the residency program pages to apply.
Page last updated 3:20 PM, October 16, 2018