Frequently Asked Questions
General Orientation Information
- Am I required to attend Graduate Orientation?
- Graduate Orientation is optional but highly encouraged.
- What is Graduate Orientation?
- Orientation is a way for graduate students to get to know the campus prior to the first day of classes.
- Who can attend Graduate Orientation?
- Any graduate student that has been accepted to TWU for the Fall 2019 semester and any guests that the student wishes to invite.
- When is Graduate Orientation?
- For those who have been accepted for the Fall 2019 semester, your orientation will be Tuesday, August 20, 2019.
- What do I need to do before I come to Graduate Orientation?
- You will need to register for Graduate Orientation.
- What do I need to bring?
- Bacterial Meningitis vaccination record (Required in order to register for classes)
- Wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes
- A sweater, as some of the meeting rooms may be cool
- Where will I stay during Graduate Orientation?
- Graduate Orientation is a one-day program; therefore, it will be up to the student and/or their guests to find accommodations if planning to stay in Denton for the evening. Refer to our list of preferred hotels.
- How will I know that I am registered for Graduate Orientation?
- Once you register online, you will receive a confirmation email to your TWU email account.
- Can I change the number of guests I am bringing after registering?
- We can accommodate guest changes at any time, but you will be responsible to pay for the number of guests you bring with you that morning during check-in.
- Should I attend both this Graduate Orientation and my department’s orientation for new graduate students?
- Yes! The purpose of both orientation sessions is different. The Graduate Orientation gives a general overview of TWU’s services and tips for all graduate students. If your department has its own orientation, it will be focused on the requirements of your degree program and opportunities within your own department.
Graduate Orientation Program Information
- What times does Graduate Orientation begin and end?
- Please check back in July 2019 for updated details and orientation registration information.
- Do I have to see an advisor?
- Graduate advisors will not be on hand to answer any specific questions. If you have questions about your specific courses, you will need to contact your graduate advisor on your own. However, if you are trying to register for classes and you have a "Student Orientation" hold on your account, please contact the Center for Student Development at 940-898-3626 or email TWU Orientation.
Graduate Orientation Payment Information
- What is the fee to attend Graduate Orientation?
- The student fee is $30
- The parent and family fee is $20 per guest
- What does this fee include?
- The fee includes but is not limited to a meal, orientation parking, and program materials.
- How do I pay the Graduate Orientation fee?
- Graduate students and guests need to pay their fee at the time they register for Graduate Orientation.
- What is the cancellation/refund policy?
- All cancellations must be requested in writing two weeks prior to the date of Orientation to the Center for Student Development in order to receive a refund totaling the amount you paid less a $10.00 administrative charge. Any requests received within two weeks of the date of Graduate Orientation or after the Graduate Orientation program has begun will not receive a refund.
Page last updated 7:31 AM, June 12, 2019