How to Apply
Ready to take the next step toward entry-level enrollment in the School of Occupational Therapy? Here’s how:
Application deadlines for the Summer of 2020 entry-level cohort
Application deadlines for the Fall of 2019 have passed
- July 1, 2019 – Apply Texas application is open
- July 18, 2019 – OTCAS application is open
- October 1, 2019 – Final deadline (CST 11 pm) – OTCAS application must be verified and all required documents received by this deadline
- Final week of October 2019 – Target date to notify applicants of Admissions Committee decisions
- November 22 and 23, 2019 – Interviews will take place on applicants campus of first choice
- Date To Be Announced – Notify interview applicants of Admission Committee decisions
Step 1: Apply to Texas Woman’s University Graduate School at www.applytexas.org
- Application opens July 1st for Summer semester
- Graduate Application – choose TWU Denton
- Select semester of entry – Summer
- Major: Occupational Therapy MOT – select your first choice campus
- Complete biographical information; educational background; residency information; employment, academic references & honors; and custom questions.
- Payment options – fee is paid at end of application.
- After 48 hours, you will be able to create a PORTAL account on the TWU website https://portal.twu.edu/default.asp Locate your TWU Student ID # (seven digit #, generally begins with a 1) at the top of the page when you log in. Remember your password and login ID. You can track your arrival of transcripts, GRE scores and status through the WebAdvisor in Portal.
- Application deadline – October 1st
Submit the following documents to Texas Woman’s University
- Transcripts from all schools mailed to TWU Admissions Processing or sent electronically
TWU Office of Admission Processing
PO Box 425649
Denton, TX 76204
- GRE scores – TWU/OTCAS code 2215
- TOEFL and TSE/Test A - if applicable
Step 2: Apply to The School of Occupational Therapy via OTCAS at www.otcas.org
- Applications can be submitted to OTCAS July 18 – October 1. The application will close at 11 pm CST on October 1.
- The OTCAS application must be verified and all documents received by 11 pm CST on October 1. Incomplete and unverified applications will not be considered.
- Use a permanent email address when applying to OTCAS.
- Observation hours must be manually entered into OTCAS. Backup documentation is not required.
- A minimum of three Evaluators are required – one of the evaluators must be the occupational therapist you observed for 20 hours within the past 2 years. The other two evaluators are academic and/or professional references. Notify the evaluators they will receive a reference request from OTCAS. Follow up to ensure the evaluation is received prior to the deadline.
Submit the following documents to OTCAS
- Transcripts from all schools
- GRE scores – TWU/OTCAS code 2215
- If you experience technical difficulty completing the OTCAS application – the Customer Service information is listed below:
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm EST
Phone Number: 617-612-2860
- When contacting via email, applicants should include their full name, OTCAS ID number and a detailed question.
Step 3: Applications are reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
Applicants invited to interview will receive invitations the final week of October.
Step 4: Applicants invited to interview will interview November 22 or 23.
Interviewees will interview on the campus of their first choice as indicated on the OTCAS application.
Page last updated 11:20 AM, March 28, 2019