School Nutrition Specialist (SNS) Internship
TWU offers the only school nutrition internship program in the state of Texas and one of only three nationwide approved by the School Nutrition Association. If you are interested in becoming a qualified school nutrition administrator, this is the program for you. Currently, our students have a 100 percent job placement rate after completing this program. Internship applications are due by March each year for placement in schools in August.
- Participate in a highly selective program, with only three slots in the DFW Metroplex and two in Houston
- Earn money while interning 30-40 hours a week (900 hours total) at a school in the Frisco, Dallas or Houston school districts
- Get first-hand experience and training in school food service administration, communication and marketing, nutrition education and operations
- Learn how to assess the nutritional needs of diverse populations, especially school-aged children at risk or of limited income
- Meet the experience requirements necessary to sit for the SNS credentialing exam
- A bachelor’s degree in a school nutrition-related field (i.e., dietetics, nutrition, culinary and food service management)
- Currently a master’s level student at TWU (online or classroom), earning either a master’s in health studies or nutrition
- Demonstrated interest in school nutrition programs through work experience in the industry or membership/participation in service organizations related to the school nutrition industry
Cynthia Warren, Ph.D.
Carolyn Moore, Ph.D., RDN, LD
Page last updated 10:39 AM, April 9, 2019