Founder's Day Submit an Abstract
Founder’s Day Forum
Tuesday, October 8th, 2019
8 am-12:30 pm
We are dedicating this day to “Embracing the Art and Science of Nursing.” There will be no cost to attend this event. The key learning outcome is to examine, discuss, and apply the art of nursing, research and evidence based practices related to nursing practice and education. This is an opportunity to showcase not only individual achievements but also team and organizational accomplishments. Please contact Wyona Freysteinson, email@example.com, for any questions regarding suitability of content. Podium and poster abstracts are welcome.
Guidelines for your Abstract
- The subject material must be significant to nursing.
- The abstracts must be free of commercial bias.
- The abstract length is limited to 400 words or less.
- For evidence-based abstracts and other projects, identify the Plan/Methods.
- For research abstracts identify the Design.
- Accepted abstracts will be published online in the Sigma Beta Beta-Houston Chapter website.
- Accepted posters will be judged on site and the winners announced at the conference.
- Accepted podium presentations will be 15-30 minutes in length.
- DEADLINE: September 15, 2019 by midnight
Content Requirements - MS Word Document
- Abstract title
- Presenting author’s name, credentials, title, organization name, email, and phone number
- Presenting author’s (if applicable) school and program of study
- Presenting author’s (if applicable) Sigma Chapter
- Additional authors’ names, credentials, title, and organization
- Preferred format: podium, poster or either podium or poster
Page 2 Do not include name or identifiers on this page
- Abstract title
- Introduction or background
- Plan/Methods (if evidence-based or research abstract)
- Design (if evidence-based or research abstract)
- Implications (for nursing practice, education, or research)