Founder's Day Forum
Each fall, the TWU College of Nursing in collaboration with SIGMA Theta Tau International Nursing Society’s Beta Beta-Houston chapter, presents the Founder’s Day Forum. The event features a renowned speaker as well as research presented by nursing students and nurses from across the Texas Medical Center and the State of Texas.
2019 Founder’s Day Forum
Embracing the Art and Science of Nursing
Oct. 8, 2019
8 am - 12:30 pm
TWU Houston campus
6700 Fannin Street
Houston, TX, 77030 in the Texas Medical Center.
The event is FREE and open to the public.
Join us for
- Podium and poster presentations
- Silent auction
Support Our Community
- Bring Pop Tops for Ronald McDonald’s House
- Bring Diapers for Elinita McClain Community Baby Shower
- Support Wreaths Across America https://waahouston.salsalabs.org/2019a0/p/sttinursinghonorsocietybetabetahoustontwu/index.html
Call for Abstracts
Podium and poster abstracts are now being accepted until midnight September 15, 2019.
Key learning outcome: To examine, discuss and apply the art of nursing, research and evidenced-based practices related to nursing practice and education.
Plenary Speaker - Christie Watson
- Internationally renowned nurse author of “The Language of Kindness”
- Twenty years as a nurse
- Telling her story of caring, from which we can all learn
The “Language of Kindness,” published in 2018, is her first non-fiction book and was a number one Sunday Times Bestseller. It was Book of the Year in The Evening Standard, New Statesman, The Times, The Guardian and The Sunday Times and has been translated into 23 languages. It is currently being adapted for theater and television. Christie now teaches, writes, and advocates for nursing.
Perceptions of Nursing – Christie Watson’s Journey to Becoming a Nurse Writer and Author of the “Language of Kindness”
Come and hear about the impact that nursing has had on her journey to becoming an award-winning author.
- 0800-0830 Registration
- 0800-0830 Poster Viewing 1st floor, Vote for your favorite Poster!
- 0830-0835 Welcome to Founders Day Celebration
- 0835-0935 Plenary Speaker: CHRISTIE WATSON
- 0935-1015 Refreshments and Silent Auction- 2nd floor.
POSTERS: Last Chance to Vote for Favorite Poster!
- 0945-1015 Book signing with Christie Watson (Room TBA)
- 1015-1115 Podium Presentations
- 1115-1130 Break
- 1130 -1210 Podium Presentations
- 1215-1230 Conference Closing-Awards and Closing
- 1230 Turn in Evaluations and CEU verification form to receive CEU Certificate.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 16383 for 1.0 CEU by Texas Woman's University College of Nursing, T. Boone Pickens Institute of Health Sciences-Dallas Center. 5550 South Western Medical Avenue, Dallas, TX 75325
Register by September 30
For questions regarding the abstract or for further information regarding the Founder's Day Forum event, please email email@example.com.
See you at the conference!
Wyona M. Freysteinson, Ph.D., MN
Past President SIGMA Beta Beta-Houston
Founder’s Day Abstract Chair
Associate Professor, Nelda C. Stark College of Nursing
Texas Woman’s University
Scholar, Sigma Nurse Faculty Leadership Academy
Page last updated 11:43 AM, August 6, 2019