University announces fall 2017 enrollment
Sept. 14, 2017 — DENTON/DALLAS/HOUSTON —
Fall 2017 enrollment at Texas Woman’s University is 15,472 students at its Denton, Dallas and Houston campuses, which is flat compared to fall 2016. Semester credit hours — the basis of the university’s state funding — also are steady at 155,131 hours.
University officials continue to assess Hurricane Harvey and how it may have affected students and enrollment, in particular for students at its Houston campus, as well as for those students at its Denton and Dallas campuses who are from Southeast Texas.
The university also continues its goal of expanding pathways for transfer students to help the state of Texas reach its 60x30 enrollment plan, which calls for having 60 percent of Texans ages 25-34 earning a certificate or degree by 2030. Enrollment of new transfer students at Texas Woman’s is up 3 percent to 1,426 students from fall 2016. TWU has 372 transfer agreements with 21 Texas community colleges.
The university also is continuing its trend of recruiting an academically strong first-year class, with the class of 2021 consisting of:
- 30 Presidential Scholars, who are valedictorians (12) or salutatorians (18) of their high school graduating class;
- 78 Honors Scholars, who are accepted into one of the state’s most selective honors programs and take their education to a higher level through honors coursework and service, leadership and cultural opportunities;
- 38 Touchstone Honors Scholars, who are accepted into the university’s innovative transfer student honors program;
- 13 members of the Presidential Learning Council, or PLC, who are chosen for this group because of their leadership potential and are mentored by Chancellor and President Carine M. Feyten and participate in the TWU Leadership Institute;
- 15 Terry Scholars, who are recipients of the state’s largest private scholarship program and are selected from a highly competitive applicant pool of incoming first-year or transfer students and demonstrate exceptional leadership, character, scholastic ability and financial need; and
- An average 3.1. G.P.A.
Fall 2017 enrollment by campus:
Denton — 12,835 students
Dallas — 1,360 students
Houston — 1,277 students
Fall 2017 enrollment by level:
Undergraduate — 10,306 students
Graduate — 5,166 students
TWU enrolled 15,666 students in fall 2016.
All numbers are based on preliminary 12th class day data. Please see TWU-Fall-2017-Enrollment-Details for expanded enrollment numbers.
Page last updated 12:41 PM, September 27, 2022