Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the director of the Community Music Center?
Danny Milan leads our Community Music Center with a commitment to providing music instruction for residents of Denton. Milan is Assistant Professor of Piano Pedagogy at Texas Woman's University where he teaches Applied Piano, Piano Pedagogy, and Class Piano. Milan is a Doctor of Musical Arts Candidate in Piano Performance and Pedagogy at the University of Oklahoma and is an active performer, teacher, and composer. In addition to classical performance and composition, he is also known for performances and compositions in both the jazz and pop idioms.
Community Music Center instructors are music teachers with advanced study in the field of music.
Our instructors are:
- skilled and knowledgeable on their instruments;
- enthusiastic about music, music pedagogy, and their students; and
- devoted to creating fun educational experiences that promote musical skill development.
The Community Music Center is located in the Music Building on the TWU Denton Campus. The Music Building is on Pioneer Circle, near the corner of Oakland and Austin Streets. You can find the Music Building on the TWU Denton campus map.
On the first day of class, please arrive at the Music Building lobby at least 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork and complete your registration. Our teachers will meet you in the lobby and direct you to your classroom.
For your first class, please go to the Visitor Parking kiosk to obtain a parking placard that will be valid for a single day. The Visitor Parking kiosk is located near the corner of Bell Avenue and Administration Drive. You can find the Visitor Parking kiosk on the TWU Denton campus map.
Permanent parking passes to be used for the length of your class session will be distributed on the first day of class.
- Tuition is payable in advance of the first class day. Registrants who find it necessary to cancel will receive a refund, less a $25 processing fee. To receive a refund, you must submit written notification seven days prior to the event start date.
- Refunds will not be issued once the program begins.
- The Community Music Center reserves the right to cancel any class if minimum enrollment is not met or other events beyond our control occur. In doing so, Texas Woman’s University’s liability is limited to the registration fee.
Will I receive a registration confirmation?
All event correspondence will be delivered to you by email. It is important to provide a current email address on the registration form or online. It is important to provide a current email address when filling out the online registration form. Our goal is to provide you with up-to-date information regarding the event you have registered for in a timely and efficient manner.
Still have questions?
Contact Danny Milan, director of the Community Music Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last updated 1:56 PM, March 23, 2021