English, Speech, & Foreign Languages
B.A. in English
- Communicate effectively to diverse audiences using a range of media and technology.
- Organize, synthesize, and evaluate the credibility of information, such as, but not limited to, a range of academic and non-academic sources and use this knowledge to make ethical decisions.
- Use effective research strategies to inform argument-driven projects.
M.A. in English
- Effectively gather, interpret, and evaluate information from multiple sources.
- Systematically interpret, evaluate, and critique language within various socially significant contexts.
- Compose clear communication in a variety of rhetorically significant genres and modes.
- Create compelling evidence-based arguments with supportive details.
Ph.D. in Rhetoric
- Proficiently organize large amounts of information and analyze complex ideas in order to communicate key concepts via concise and compelling oral and written statements.
- Effectively design and conduct research projects that challenge existing knowledge and provide needed answers or solutions to problems.
- Formulate and defend sophisticated arguments while employing clear, articulate, professional quality prose.
- Lead teams of writers and content producers to create and edit rhetorically effective communications by setting clear goals, encouraging creativity and innovation, and providing targeted feedback.
Page last updated 2:21 PM, September 10, 2019