How to apply for scholarships
Interested in earning a master’s or doctoral degree in Early Childhood Education, Reading Education, or Multilingual and Multicultural Studies? To determine if you are eligible for a scholarship check out the TWU Scholarships Database and enter the key words “Reading”, “Literacy”, “Early Childhood” and “Education” to view the application requirements for scholarships available to graduate students.
Other financial aid information is available on the Financial Aid website.
- The Mildred McCauley Hawk Scholarship: For graduate student pursuing an MEd or MA in reading
- Dr. Lettie K. Albright Graduate Scholarship in Reading: For current graduate students pursuing an advanced degree in reading education
- The Margaret Griffin Doctoral Scholarship Endowment in Reading: For PhD in reading education students
- Lillian Rizzo Spicola Doctoral Scholarship: For students pursuing a doctorate in reading education
- Del Barto Endowed Scholarship: Established by the Del Barto-Tramonte Foundation. Provides scholarships for students majoring in nursing, education and health studies.
- Melvin E. Rust Endowed Memorial Scholarship: Friends and family of Melvin Rust, former Texas Woman’s University faculty member, established a permanent fund to support scholarship awards in his memory for students who are preparing to teach.
- Grace Fewell Carothers Endowed Scholarship: Established by Mrs. Katherine Moore in memory of her sister, Grace Carothers, for students majoring in Early Childhood Education.
- Clifton Tinsley Sparks Memorial Scholarship: Established by friends of the former College of Education dean. Recipients must be enrolled in the undergraduate teacher education program or be academically eligible for admission to undergraduate teacher education. Preference is given to students with financial need.
- Spencer L. Stoker Graduate Endowed Scholarship: Established by the estate of Dr. Stoker, this scholarship provides awards to graduate students in education. Dr. Stoker served the university as chairman of the Education Department for many years and is remembered as a dedicated and caring teacher and administrator.
- Natha Howell Endowed Scholarship: Established by Ms. Natha Elizabeth Howell to provide funds for the education and preparation of students in becoming teachers.
- TEACH Early Childhood Scholarship: A scholarship by Texas Association for the Education of Young Children for students who currently work more than 30 hours in the ECE field with a sponsoring employer.
Amy Burke, PhD
Page last updated 4:27 PM, April 13, 2023