General Research Guides
- ASAP: A Student Assignment Planner
Richland College Library Assignment Calculator
- Assignment Calculator: You can beat the clock!
University of Minnesota Assignment Calculator
- Research Design Explained
Overview of Jolly and Mitchell's 6th edition of Research Design Explained includes links to a Student Companion Site and an Instructor Book Companion Site.
- Research Methods Knowledge Base
A comprehensive web-based textbook by William M. Trochim, Cornell University, covering the entire research process as it would be covered in a typical introductory undergraduate or graduate course in social research methods.
- Russell Turpin's "Characterization of Quack Theories"
Article with comments by Eric Pepke and Ken Arromdee.
- Applied Ethics Resources on WWW
- Code of Ethics [ALA]
- Ethics Updates
- International Society for Environmental Ethics
- National Reference Center for Bioethics Literature
- On Being a Scientist: Responsible Conduct in Research
- Online Ethics Center for Engineering and Science
Evaluating Web Sites
- Criteria for Evaluating Web Sites
- Evaluation of Information Sources
- Evaluating Web Pages: Techniques to Apply & Questions to Ask [UC Berkeley - Teaching Library]
- Evaluating Web Pages [Tutorial from Widener University, Wolfgram Memorial Library]
- How To Evaluate A Web Site [LaJean Humphries]
- Search Engine Watch
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, or, Why It's a Good Idea to Evaluate Web Resources [Beck]
- Thinking Critically about Discipline-Based World Wide Web Resources [Grassian at UCLA College Library]
- Thinking Critically About World Wide Web Resources [Grassian at UCLA College Library]
- Web Page Evaluation Checklist [PDF] [UC Berkeley - Teaching Library]
- WWW CyberGuide Ratings [forms]
Scholarly or Popular?
- Methods in Behavioral Research
Web site for Paul C. Cozby's Methods in Behavioral Research, a text for research methods courses in psychology and other behavioral sciences published by Mayfield Publishing Company. For each of the book chapters, web resources are identified to enhance learning about and teaching research methods.Covers links for research ethics, research writing, and research methods. Maintained by Dr. Douglas Degelman, Professor of Psychology at Vanguard University of Southern California.
- Qualitative Research Resources on the Internet
Maintained by Ron Chenail, The Office for Academic Affairs, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Resources for qualitative researchers. Maintained by Judy Norris, Associate Professor of Nursing, University of Alberta.
- Animated Statistics Demonstrations [Ohio University]
- The Data and Story Library
Illustrates the use of basic statistics methods.
- HyperStat Online Textbook (Rice)
- Introductory Statistics: Concepts, Models, and Applications
Web textbook by David W. Stockburger, Southwest Missouri State University.
- Rice Virtual Lab in Statistics
A series of modules each covering a statistical topic to supplement an introductory algebra-based statistics course.
- Statistics to Use [Mean, standard deviation, etc.]
- StatSoft Electronic Textbook
Includes an overview of concepts, modules representing classes of analytical techniques, a glossary and a list of references.
Online text in introductory statistics. Australian National University.
- Topics in Mathematics: Statistics [Math Archives]
Both a guide to statistical methods and a calculator for statistical computations.
page last updated 12/15/2010 3:21 PM
page last updated 3/10/2014 3:38 PM