- Directory of Open Access Journals
Free, full-text, quality-controlled scientific and scholarly journals.
Electronic journals worldwide in a variety of subject fields. Includes academic and peer-reviewed open access and subscription titles.
- HighWire Press
Internet imprint of Stanford University Press. Includes free online full-text articles for selected dates of selected journals. See Free Online Full-text Articles section for details. Life sciences, medicine, physical sciences, and social science journals
- Journal TOCs
Provides the latest table of contents for over 14,070 jounals from 462 publishers. Table of contents only, no full text.
- NASA Astrophysics Data System
Abstracts in astronomy, astrophysics, instrumentation, physics and geophysics journals. Includes links to the full text of articles appearing in most of the major astronomical journals. Also includes scanned astronomy books.
- NewPages Alternatives in Print and Media
Includes alternative periodicals, literary periodicals, and alternative newsweeklies.
- Voice of the Shuttle: Journals and Zines Page
Scholarly or Popular?
- Journals - Scholarly or Popular?
- Periodicals: Scholarly, Popular or Trade?
- Scholarly to Popular Continuum
- TWU Library: Scholarly or Popular?
Electronic Scholarly Publishing
- BioMed Central
Over 100 Open Access journals covering all areas of Biology and Medicine
Self-archived papers relating to cognition from psychology, neuroscience, linguistics, computer science, philosophy, biology, medicine, anthropology.
- DSpace: Durable Digital Depository
Digital repository system software.
- E-Print Repository
Australian National University.
- E-LIS: E-prints in Library and Information Science
- eScholarship Repository [University of California] University of California faculty repository for electronic versions of working papers, pre-publications, and research reports.
- Focus on Access to Institutional Resources (FAIR) Programme
- Glasgow ePrints Service
Full text of the research output of scholars, researchers, and scientists affiliated with the University of Glasgow. Browsed with Library of Congress Classification scheme.
- GNU EPrints 2
Free software which creates online archives.
- Public Library of Science (PLOS)
- Scholar-Based Innovations in Publishing (Gerry McKiernan) [PPT presentation]
Prepared for the ALCTS Scholarly Communications Discussion Group meeting at ALA Toronto on Monday, June 23, 2003 at the Metro Toronto Convention Center. Long download.
- SciELO-Brazil: Scientific Electronic Library Online
Selected collection of Brazilian scientific journals.
Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition.
- Stoa Consortium
Includes 41 city journals plus industry journals. Free registration for industry journals.
- Yahoo: Business and Economy: Magazines
- Free Medical Journals [Hardin MD]
- Nursing Journals and CE Credit
An archive of journal literature for all of the life sciences. Includes Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States , British Medical Journal , and others.
page last updated 3/4/2014 3:52 PM