Exercise Physiology Laboratory
Collaborative Research to Improve Health with Exercise
The Exercise Physiology Laboratory (EPL) supports the School of Health Promotion and Kinesiology's mission to improve health by investigating the mechanisms of exercise, exercise strategies and how those strategies may improve pathologies related to sedentary lifestyle, metabolic disorders, cardiovascular disease and neuromuscular disabilities/atrophies.
Our areas of research include:
- Skeletal muscle physiology (mechanisms of growth and atrophy)
- Biology of resistance exercise (influence on health related outcomes)
- Acute exercise effects on insulin resistance and glycemic control
- Dietary protein combined with exercise on risk factors for type 2 diabetes
- Alternative modes of exercise to improve health-related measures of physical fitness and functional outcomes in children and adults with neuromuscular disorders
- Preventing and mitigating common health disparities among astronauts in microgravity
For more information, contact Dr. Anthony Duplanty (email@example.com).
Page last updated 1:10 PM, December 3, 2020