Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Leadership in Education & Sport
Gain knowledge and skills that prepare you for a management role in various sport settings and organizations by earning a Certificate in Leadership in Education & Sport at TWU. You will immediately apply what you learn in the classroom to your job in this 100 percent online/18-semester credit hour program.
- Assess and evaluate the application of sport leadership best practices and principles to carry out the essential skills required for organizational success in a leadership role in coaching and/or sport management settings.
- Develop proficiency in leadership principles
- Demonstrate expertise in assessing leadership in sport research and current issues.
About the Program
You can complete this program in just four semesters and apply the coursework to a standalone certificate or in conjunction with our master's degree in Kinesiology, with either a concentration in Sport Management or Coaching. The credit hours may be applied to other TWU academic programs, as well, with program approval.
We offer flexible enrollment, meaning you can be admitted in the fall, spring or summer semesters.
- The Sport Industry
- Organization and Administration for Effective Team Management
- Legal Issues in Sport
- Sport Sales, Sponsorships and Fundraising
- Financing the Sport Enterprise
- Theory of Coaching
Focused study on women in leadership available.
See the Graduate Catalog for course descriptions.
How To Apply
No GRE is required for this program, but you must have a minimum 3.0 GPA for the last 60 hours of undergraduate study.
- Apply to the TWU Graduate School.
- Submit your resume and two reference letters to the Kinesiology Program Coordinator, David Nichols, PhD.
For More Information
Mark Mann, PhD
Page last updated 3:15 PM, June 14, 2019