Job Shadowing Program
About the program
The TWU Job Shadowing Program is designed to connect undergraduate students with professionals in their field of interest.
The program serves as an opportunity for students to conduct informational interviews with a professional, gain understanding of an organization and its culture, and explore an industry of their choice. Job shadowing will aid in students’ self-exploration and assist with academic major and career decision making.
- Career Exploration: Gain exposure to career paths and industry fields to make informed major and career decisions.
- Professional Development: Begin to develop and strengthen marketable skills, confidence, and awareness of industry of interest.
- Networking: Connect with employers and build relationships and connections with professionals in industry of interest.
How the program works
Participating students will complete an application and be matched with professionals in the field based on application responses and career interests. Students will schedule a time with the assigned professional and conduct an informational interview during program week. (Spring Break, March 14, 2022 – March 18, 2022). Students will be required to attend a mandatory preparation session before they are assigned a host to meet with. Due to COVID-19, we encourage all informational interviews to take place virtually.
All students participating in the Virtual Job Shadowing Program are required to attend and participate in a mandatory program orientation, in which we will review expectations of the program, provide you with materials to make your experience successful, as well as answer any additional questions you may have.
Program orientation dates and times:
- Thursday, March 3, 2022 | 6:00pm–7:00pm
- Monday, March 7, 2022 | 12:00pm–1:00pm
- Tuesday, March 8, 2022 | 9:00am–10:00pm
Student applications are open!
Student applications close on Monday, February 28, 2022, 11:59pm. You must be logged in to your TWU gmail account to access the application.
Student Application: https://forms.gle/2WMcN4m1Usv99yXx6
Employers / interested professionals
- Company Branding: Opportunity for branding and recognition of the professionals’ company through TWU students.
- Talent Acquisition: Develop and strengthen a potential recruiting relationship between the host organization and TWU students for future internship and career opportunities.
- Mentoring: Experience mentoring students and building connections with them.
How the program works
Participating employer hosts will be matched with student(s) who are interested in their industry and want to explore what their career looks like. Undergraduate students will be provided with your contact information and will schedule a time with you for an informational interview to be conducted during the program week (Spring Break, March 14, 2022 – March 18, 2022). Due to COVID-19, we encourage all informational interviews to take place virtually.
The deadline for employers to sign-up has now passed. If you are interested in additional information about this program or any other recruitment events, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Need more information?
Contact Juan Armijo, Assistant Director for Internships at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last updated 9:18 AM, February 21, 2022