First-Gen Internship Prep Program
The First-Generation Internship Prep Program is a 4-week, online program, designed to prepare First-Generation, undergraduate students to apply for internships and connect with professionals.
Topics covered include:
- Searching, preparing, and applying for internships
- Tips for appropriate interview attire
- Review of resumes by professionals
- Writing cover letters and open-ended application questions
- Mock-interviews with professionals
- Using LinkedIn to brand yourself
- Finding mentors as a first-generation college student
All meetings held online through Zoom.
Summer 2021 Cohort
- Week 1 Meeting: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 | 3-5 p.m.
- Week 2 Meeting: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 | 3-5 p.m.
- Week 3 Meeting: Wednesday, July 7, 2021 | 3-5 p.m.
- Week 4 Meeting: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 | 3-5 p.m.
Page last updated 4:32 PM, June 7, 2021