Transfer Students from a U.S. University

Congratulations on your acceptance to Texas Woman’s University! We are excited to meet you! Here is some valuable information you need to plan for your study at TWU:

Transfer-in form

Meet with your current school’s DSO, complete the Transfer-in Request Form, and submit it to

Issuing the transfer I-20

Watch your email — the Office of International Education will receive a copy of your acceptance letter, and we’ll email you regarding what documents we need to issue your transfer I-20. These will include a copy of your passport, visa, I-94, current I-20, and appropriate financial resources. See Certification of Finances for acceptable financial documents, and how much money you need to show. Please submit these documents as soon as possible to facilitate the processing of your I-20.


Apply for International Student scholarships through the Financial Aid/Scholarships office (deadline March 1). Initial students are eligible for merit-based scholarships only for the first year. Initial and transfer students must have submitted all documents required for an I-20 in order to be considered for a scholarship.

Good Neighbor Scholarship (Available in January): This state of Texas scholarship provides a complete waiver of tuition to eligible international students from countries in the Caribbean and North, Central, and South America. Scholarship recipients must still pay all applicable university fees. Awards are based on academic merit. Competition is intense and final award decisions are made by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, not TWU.

Receive your I-20

If you are traveling home before school starts and you would like to receive your transfer I-20 in another country, visit eshipglobal, create an account, and submit payment. Your name must match your admission documents; select Office of International Education as the sender address. For questions, email

If you will be receiving your I-20 in the U.S., we will send it via USPS with a tracking number to the address you specify.


Orientation is mandatory; transfer students may take an online orientation in order to fulfill the requirement. We will send you a link to this online orientation after your acceptance. You are also encouraged to attend the in-person orientation.

TB hold

Submit your TB test record to TWU Health Services as soon as possible. Your TB hold must be cleared before you will be able to register.

Page last updated 3:39 PM, October 30, 2017