Pioneer Dollars

Need to Add Money to Your Card?

Pioneer Dollars are NOT a substitute for a required meal plan and are NOT the same as Dining Dollars.

Pioneer Dollars can be added online or by calling or visiting our office located on the 3rd Floor of Jones Hall. Pioneer Dollars:

  • Can be used all dining facilities
  • Can be used at the TWU Bookstore
  • Do not expire so they will roll over from semester to semester
  • Eliminate the need to carry cash on campus

Adding Pioneer Dollars to your TWU Pioneer Card is a great way to have the funds available to you when you are on campus and want to make a bookstore purchase or use one of our on-campus restaurants such as Chick-Fil-A. Our bookstore and the Market provide school supplies, toiletries and other items you may need.

You can add Pioneer Dollars

  • In person at our office located at SUHH, Room 2209 with cash, check or a Visa, Mastercard, or Discover credit card.
  • Visiting one of our Value Port terminal machines located at each of our campuses.
  • Denton Campus: Value Ports are located in the first floors of the Library and Student Union
  • Calling our Office at 940-898-3565 to make a credit card payment over the phone.
  • If you elect to purchase Pioneer Dollars online, please allow 24 business hours for Pioneer Dollars to be applied to your ID. If you would like to expedite this process, call our office at 940-898-3565 during our normal business hours Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Pioneer Dollars are not the same as Dining Dollars. Dining Dollars are purchased in conjunction with a meal plan. Students who wish to add funds to their TWU ID Card have the option of purchasing Pioneer Dollars. Pioneer Dollars must be paid up front and cannot be charged to the student account.

Vending Services

The following vendors have exclusive contracts to sell products or offer services to students, faculty, and staff:

Dallas and Houston

  • Drink and snack machine - Canteen Vending 


  • Drink -  Dr. Pepper and Coke
  • Snacks - Canteen Vending

Refund/service requests for all vending machines in Dallas and Houston or snack machines on the Denton campus can be made directly to Canteen at 1-972-392-7988

Issues with drink machines on the Denton campus should be reported to the ID Systems office at 940-898-3565. 

Vending providers make every effort to conveniently place vending machines in high traffic areas. Feel free to send in comments or suggestions concerning machine locations. To request a vending machine install, removal or move please fill out the Vending Machine request form. 


Your debit account may be closed by using up all your funds or upon receipt of documentation that you are leaving the University.

Please fill out the Refund Request Form and email it to ID Services. In the subject line please type, "Refund Request" along with your student ID number.



Page last updated 11:30 AM, March 2, 2022