Information and Resources for Current Students
The following information is for all current Counseling and Development students. Please read it carefully.
Effective Fall 2015, applications are not required to enroll in clinical courses. All clinical courses include the pre-practicum, group, practicum, and internship courses.
When registration opens, select the course and section that will fit your schedule and register for it. CAPS will be set at the CACREP/ASGW approved maximum for the course, and once reached, the course section will be closed. Waitlists will not be allowed. Should the first choice section be filled, you will need to select another section and, if necessary, alter your class schedule.
Please choose a section based upon a time/day that is right for you. Professors will be assigned to the sections after registration is over and will be at the department chair’s discretion.
Only students who have met all prerequisites for a given class will be allowed to stay in the class. In the event that prerequisites are needed, each student will be informed and an administrative drop form will be sent to the Registrar’s office, so it is imperative that all prerequisite courses be completed before enrolling.
The prerequisite courses for pre-practicum and group, which must be taken concurrently, are:
- FS 5303 Orientation and Ethics
- FS 5313 Counseling Theory and Practice
- FS 5443 Multicultural Counseling
The prerequisite courses for practicum are all of the above and:
- FS 5363 Pre-practicum
The prerequisite courses for internship are all of the above and:
- FS 5364 Practicum
The number of semesters of internship you will have to take will depend upon your own performance and what is best for you, as determined by your instructors and advisors.
Handbooks and forms
- C&D Clinical Student Handbook (Word)
- C&D Clinical Site List
- C&D Student Handbook (PDF)
- Clinical Hours Logs
- CMH Site Application Letter (Word)
- CMH Site Application (Word)
- School Counseling Site Application Letter (Word)
- School Counseling Site Application (Word)
- Portfolio Information & Requirements (Word)
- U.S. Department of Education Gainful Employment Disclosure for School Counseling
- Alpha Rho Chapter of Chi Sigma Iota
- American Counseling Association
- American School Counselor Association
- APA Style Assistance
- Association for Play Therapy
- CACREP (Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs)
- National Board for Certified Counselors
- Texas Association for Play Therapy
- Texas Counseling Association
- Texas Licensed Professional Counselor
Page last updated 4:47 PM, November 17, 2022