Resident Assistant and Academic Support Assistant Application Information
Both the Resident Assistant (RA) and Academic Support Assistant (ASA) position are part-time staff members who live in an assigned residence hall. Successful candidates are those who will:
- Strive for academic excellence
- Exemplify a willingness, enthusiasm and ability to build community through regular contact with residents, programming in the halls and referring students to supportive offices on campus
- Understand, explain, enforce and support all Office of Residence Life and University policies and procedures
- Maintain a standard of personal conduct that allows them to be seen as a role model and leader among their peers
Resident Assistant (RA) Information
The application process has two simple steps.
Step 1:Complete the online Housing Student Staff and Leadership Application for 2022-2023 in the Housing Portal. The application can be found under the "Applications and Request Forms" tab on the left when you log in. Please attach your resume, cover letter and Leadership Questions responses with your application.
There are multiple parts to the application. To better prepare you to complete the application, you can access the Resident Assistant Application template (pdf).
Step 2: Submit supporting documentation listed below online:
- Cover Letter (attach to your RA application)
- Resume (attach to your RA application)
- Leadership Questions (attach to your RA application)
- RA Experiential Tracker
- RA Reference Form
Please seek to obtain two references from people who know you well and who have an understanding of the Resident Assistant position you are applying for. Your references should be completed by a former or current employer, teacher, academic advisor, organization sponsor and/or other professional who knows you well. One (1) of your references must be completed by a current full-time or student staff member of the Department of Housing & Dining. All references must be current.
The deadline to complete the online application and submit the supporting material is 5 pm on January 26, 2022.
RA Questions? Contact Vik Arunkumar.
Academic Support Assistant (ASA) Information
Information about applying to be an Academic Support Associate will be coming soon.
Page last updated 12:14 PM, November 12, 2021