Apply to Honors Scholar Program
The Office of Honors Programs reviews all applications holistically, not just focusing on numbers and scores. We look for work ethic, maturity, leadership, breadth of experiences and other factors that indicate a high degree of motivation and commitment to the completion of an honors program.
How to Apply
1. Apply to TWU
- Apply to TWU through ApplyTexas.org
- Submit transcripts and SAT/ACT scores to TWU
2. Meet the Honors Scholar Program eligibility requirements
First Time In College
- A composite score of 28 or higher on the ACT or 1300 on the SAT (M+V)
- ACT/SAT and GRE/GMAT requirements are suspended in response to the COVID pandemic for Spring & Fall 2021 admissions. Submission of scores to Honors recommended if you are able to test
- Top 5% of your high school class
- Completion of honors program at a two-year college or four-year institution, with a minimum of 6 organized honors hours completed
- Minimum 3.5 GPA after completing 15 credit hours at TWU
3. Complete an Honors Scholar Program application
- If you are a first time in college (FTIC) student, complete the FTIC Honors Application 2021-22
- If you are a transfer student, complete the Honors Transfer application
Send your completed application to email@example.com and we will review your application on a rolling basis.
Application deadline: We will review applications for this program as we receive them. However, the priority application deadline is March 1.Apply to TWU Today
Not only has honors challenged me academically, but it has also pushed me to volunteer for causes I am passionate about and to extend my learning experience outside the classroom. If it weren’t for the Honors Program, I wouldn’t be the student or person I am today.
Page last updated 11:27 AM, March 3, 2021