Career Connections Center
As job growth continues throughout DFW, TWU’s Career Connections Center aims to provide various programs to educate, develop and assist students and alumni in successfully meeting the challenges of an ever-changing world of work. They also build and maintain quality relationships with potential employers throughout the DFW area.
For more information about on-campus jobs as well as career and internship opportunities throughout the Metroplex, log onto TWU Connect.
We provide history students with various department-sponsored internship opportunities at organizations like:
- The Texas Historical Commission
- Denton County Courthouse-on-the-Square Museum
- TWU's Woman's Collection of the Blagg-Huey Library
Government and Criminal Justice Internships
We provide government and criminal justice students with a wealth of department-sponsored internship opportunities at organizations like:
- The Public Leadership Education Network
- United States District Court Northern District of Texas
- Denton County Probation Office
To apply, please download the Government Internship Form (doc), fill it out then send it attached in an email that includes your major, expected graduation date, general internship interests and times you are available to meet Parker Hevron, Ph.D., at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These emails must be sent to Professor Hevron by the following dates:
- July 1 for fall semester internships
- October 1 for spring semester internships
- April 1 for summer semester internships
Jamison Internship Program
The Jamison Internship Program provides internship opportunities in government and nonprofit organizations for both undergraduate and graduate students. Students accepted into the program will receive a stipend to assist them with expenses including, but not limited to:
- Travel to/from internship
Graduate students may apply after completing a minimum of 15 semester credit hours while maintaining a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25. Undergraduate students may apply after completing a minimum of 60 semester credit hours, while maintaining a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. We encourage all majors and disciplinary backgrounds to apply. Applicants must have strong oral and written communications skills.
- Jamison Internship Application (pdf)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Personal statement (covering why you are interested in the program, how are you qualified, how will the experience benefit you educationally and professionally, etc. Must be double-spaced and no more than 1000 words)
Page last updated 1:17 PM, April 5, 2018