Faculty & Staff
George King, PhD
Director, School of Health Promotion and Kinesiology
Office: PH 208A; CFO 10
Barbara Barnick-Ben-Ezra, Ph.D.
Graduate Teaching Assistant Mentor
Office: PH 217
Janelle Davis, M.S.
Office: PH 210
Undergraduate Academic Advisor II
Office: PH 212
Office: PH 208B
Academic Advisor II
Office: PH 211
Graduate Academic Advisor
Office: PH 213
Office: PH 216
Research Interests: Public health genomics, minority health and health equity, obesity prevention (healthy diet and physical activity promotion) and chronic disease prevention (emphasis on Type 2 diabetes and cancer)
Research Interests: Teen pregnancy prevention, eating disorder and obesity prevention, body image issues, adolescent and women’s health
Marilyn Massey-Stokes, Ed.D., CHES, CWHC, FASHA
Office: CFO 1003
Research Interests: Early obesity prevention, body image and eating disorder prevention, health and wellness across the life span, health and wellness coaching, and health literacy
Research Interests: Design, delivery and evaluation of online-delivered learning materials and online-delivered survey instruments
Visiting Assistant Professors
Research Interests: Biotechnology in health addressing personal, environmental and ethical health issues; social media influence on behavior adoption/practices; environmental policy and health; and public policy and life expectancy
Josh Bernstein, Ph.D.
Amy Clark, M.S.
Amanda Espinoza, M.S.
Tiffany Hamlett, Ph.D.
Michelle Kampschroeder, M.S., CHES
Jim Melancon, Ph.D.
Loan VanAuker, D-ABMDI, M.S.
School of Health Promotion and Kinesiology Emeritus Faculty
- Anne Duggan – Schley Professor/Dean, Health, Physical Education, and Recreation
- Ronald French – Cornaro Professor, Kinesiology
- Barbara Gench – Professor, Kinesiology
- Sinah Goode – Associate Professor, Kinesiology
- Bertie Hammond – Assistant Professor, Health, Physical Education, and Recreation
- Marilyn Hinson – Professor, Kinesiology
- Gay James – Professor/Chair, Health Studies
- Joanne Kuhn – Assistant Professor, Kinesiology
- Berton Lyle – Professor, Kinesiology
- Bettye Myers – Professor, Kinesiology
- David Nichols – Professor, Health Promotion and Kinesiology
- Jean Pyfer – Professor/Dean, Kinesiology/Health Sciences
- Hazel Richardson – Assistant Professor, Health, Physical Education, and Recreation
- Charlotte Barney Sanborn – Professor/Chair, Kinesiology
- Lisa Silliman-French – Professor, Health Promotion and Kinesiology
- Ruth Tandy – Professor, Health Studies and Kinesiology
- Leslie Thompson – Professor/Dean, Health Studies/Graduate Studies
- Ann Uhlir – Professor/Dean, Kinesiology/Health Sciences
Page last updated 1:02 PM, September 10, 2021